Sponsored by:

Opinions Solicited on Center Consoles Painted Exterior Color

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:07 PM
P-Nuts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red911c2
Our Arena Red / Beige 996 has the painted center console and everyone that has seen it has commented positively on it. We didn't buy the car new but the prior owner special ordered it this way. Here's a pic:
Sorry ..but the pink / beige color combo makes me want to puke !!!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:08 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
And, let's not forget Ronald McDonald's Porsche:
Actually, that's a Rennlisters car. I haven't seen him post here in this forum for close to a year. A close up of his yellow console and red interior was his avatar. It was a black 996 Turbo if I recall.
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by STATMAN
Second, it is not painted. It is hard plastic molded in the color of the exterior.
Actually it is painted. Check out the option when you order it from the factory called "factory painted center console". Remove the center console, flip over and you will find out very quickly that it is painted to match the exterior not molded plastic in that color. Now that would be harder to match that actually using the paint code for your car.
P-Nuts
Racer

Having said that.....beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If u love it...the it's cool !!!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:31 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Actually it is painted. Check out the option when you order it from the factory called "factory painted center console". Remove the center console, flip over and you will find out very quickly that it is painted to match the exterior not molded plastic in that color. Now that would be harder to match that actually using the paint code for your car.
LVDell, I am not going to remove it and flip it over--then I probably will wind up scratching it!! But, I'll take your word for it. I also do recall the option being called "painted" console. But, it does feel and appear more durable than a painted sheet metal surface. It seems durable like the side mirrors, which I have scratched against the side of the garage (on other past cars!) to no avail....Maybe I am just trying to talk myself out of becoming too neurotic about scratching this console now!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:25 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

You are too funny statman. Totally understand. I am the same way. Agree with you on the durability of the console. I have the factory painted alumalook center console. Very hard like the paint on the car. I think it is very hard to damage it.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking the significance of your userID? (stats guy myself)
Old 02-03-2006, 05:08 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

By the way, if you don't mind me asking the significance of your userID? (stats guy myself)[/QUOTE]

I am a professor of statistics at the University of Wisconsin. My license plate on my 997S is "STATS."

I guess we are getting off topic, but what is your connection to the field of statistics?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:10 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Stats prof myself (Ph.D. in Research Methods). I teach at both UNLV and the local CC. What a small world.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OCBen
Actually, that's a Rennlisters car. I haven't seen him post here in this forum for close to a year. A close up of his yellow console and red interior was his avatar. It was a black 996 Turbo if I recall.
holy ****
I used to creep the flat-6 forums - i remember one guy bragged about a similar eff'd up colour combo....
Old 02-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

professor of statistics
Originally Posted by STATMAN
Stats prof
You guys are very brave stats profs, I must say; unless - of course - you don't take your p-cars to school. At many universities, the cars of statistics professors are at the risk of, uhm, becoming the targets of slightly irritated students?

Marketing professor myself, so I'm safe.

Last edited by Soulteacher; 02-03-2006 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-03-2006, 06:01 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I drive my 81 Z to campus most of the time. Most students don't have a clue what that car is nor what it means to me. Had somebody stop and ask me if it was some new sports car. I said, yeah it's the new Z from 1981!

Besides, driving that Z is a blast and an experience that is hard to explain. Totally rear drift.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:03 PM
OCBen
Banned

Besides, driving that Z is a blast and an experience that is hard to explain. Totally rear drift.
Probably a lot like my daily driver, my '85 Z.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:16 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Sweet ride Ben! Any pics?
Old 02-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

By the way, Ben, since we are way off topic anyway... I have easily done a 100+ searches since I started scouring this forum, and you have been clearly the one contributor I benefited most from. No kissing *** here, but I thought that if we had to pay you a dime for each incidence of help you give, you could definitely afford your new house.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:23 PM
OCBen
Banned

Sweet ride Ben! Any pics?
You bet. They're at home though. I'll see if I can remember to post them. I was thinking of posting a few in that thread on self car washing. Wanted to show off what a 20+ yr old car looks like after never having anyone else but me wash it by hand. But I thought, nahhh.

Quick Reply: Opinions Solicited on Center Consoles Painted Exterior Color