Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 09:52 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts

Mine all in was about $2,000 Canadian....dealer installed...except for the software upgrade which included a new Navigation Disk......
Old 04-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite now active!

I know have Sirius satellite as well via PCM in my new C2S!

Thanks go to the excellent team at Danbury Porsche and to Lonnie who did the install! NICE WORK!

The only thing I do not have is the Sirius logo dog icon on the PCM. How do you activate so the dog icon shows?

Signal is not bad and very few drop-outs.

If you are thinking of doing this, prior to install, open the box and carefully remove the satellite unit to obtain the SID#. Once installed, and you can hear the several channels, activate your unit by tuning for Sirius to 184 as you activate the system. Takes about 5 minutes fo sync-up. Then, all channels are now active.

Another quality install by Danbury team!!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 04-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Labor

Danbury Porsche charged approx $650-$675 for labor on install. It's a 5-hour +/- job start to finish. The kit (CD-Changer) version can cost upwards of $1100. Some dealers will discount the unit. Problem is now... with this thread showing it can be done, units will start to become harder to find . Keep that in mind!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 AM
loliver
Instructor

Originally Posted by riad
I'm seriously considering this 2Din Eclipse AVN5435 - Navigation, Satellite Radio, MP3 player, back up camera (optional) - me want.
I have this in my GT2. It works great. It also has an accessory imput. I had a mini plug installed on the side of the console so I can also play an iPod through the system, although you don't get onsreen iPod info.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:02 PM
kwsmith6
Intermediate

Wow, I did not know it had an AUX input. Can you give us more details? For my iPod use, that would be enough to keep me happy.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:12 AM
loliver
Instructor

I will try to find a pic of the install when I get home. The unit looks like a factory install. The GPS and Sirius antenna are separate 1"sq. antennas. They are located in each corner of the dashboard close to the windows. I am thinking of moving them to the undercowl location everyone is using on their 997's. I located a mini jack in one of the spare switches on the console. If I ever remove the unit, I could then replace the switch leaving no evidence of the install. It goes to the VTR input on the head. You can play the iPod through this plug, but you don't get an onscreen display of the iPod. I get very few dropouts with Sirius and the Nav is the best I have had in any car. It is the same operating system that Lexus uses. I have the head in the upper two din spaces, the AC controls are under it, and the bottom din has a cubby from a Boxster. All the original speakers are replaced with Focals with two small subs in custom encloses are behind the seats and the are invisible. There is a 4 channel amp in the front trunk. It is a very clean install
Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 PM
loliver
Instructor

Originally Posted by kwsmith6
Wow, I did not know it had an AUX input. Can you give us more details? For my iPod use, that would be enough to keep me happy.
Here is a pic
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2006, 11:13 AM
BOUCS5
Track Day

Porsche is cracking down on this install now. I spoke to the parts manager at my dealership and he said that magically all the satellite kits for the Cayenne are unavailable with no ETA. He thinks Porsche pulled them all. Wonder if there just gonna repackage it as a 997 part and charge more for it.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:35 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe they are not cracking down but they are simply out of stock?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BOUCS5
Porsche is cracking down on this install now. I spoke to the parts manager at my dealership and he said that magically all the satellite kits for the Cayenne are unavailable with no ETA. He thinks Porsche pulled them all. Wonder if there just gonna repackage it as a 997 part and charge more for it.
Now that dosen't make any sence! What are Cayenne owners going to do? You can't have all XM/Sirius for both CD and non-CD changer kits out.

I know they are working on a new Antenna for the 997, but when it will be avalible is anyones guess.

So far, my Sirius works very well, I just don't have the "dog" icon when Sirius is up. I think it never got loaded to the PCM from what I can tell and will have to do some investigation on how to upload that software.

Danbury Porsche has done several of these and now from what I hear, cars from out of state are showing up to have it done. One dealer is actually shipping a car to Danbury just for the satellite! Goes to show they have one smart tech (Lonnie) who can install it without any issues!

I would check around on the kit. Someone has to have them!

Deanski
Old 04-21-2006, 05:39 PM
oscar94
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What if you just can't justify 2k for the kit/installation. Any solutions other than the FM transmitter that is built into the Roadie?
Old 04-23-2006, 07:04 PM
r@rhcrlaw.com
Track Day

Default other options

I have a terk rds xm on order-audiovox says they should be out in June
displays through the fm radio via fm modulator and is controlled with a remote
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FgT7bdS...50&I=700XMDRDS
Old 04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
Maybe they are not cracking down but they are simply out of stock?
No, they're not out of stock.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 PM
r@rhcrlaw.com
Track Day

Default terk

No-they were never produced. Terk emailed me and says initial production run to be released in June. I also spoke to Crutchfield.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:49 PM
kasendorf
Advanced

Just spoke with the part manager at my local dealership and he says that the Sirius kit is showing no stock with no expected date. Does anyone know what is going on?

Quick Reply: I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!