Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anoyone with a sound recording of 997S with PSE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 07:23 PM
MCoupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anoyone with a sound recording of 997S with PSE?

Wondering if it that much more different than stock. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:28 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MCoupe
Wondering if it that much more different than stock. Thanks.
just get it!!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts

Let's say the stock exhaust sound is a 6 (scale of 10, with 10 being extremely cool-sounding).
PSE is an 11.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:19 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leader
Let's say the stock exhaust sound is a 6 (scale of 10, with 10 being extremely cool-sounding).
PSE is an 11.
excellent way of describing it.

my 996 friends without pse are all envious of the sounds my pse make.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:34 PM
MCoupe
Instructor

Hmmmm....I already love the sound of the stock exhaust. Now you guys are making really think about PSE. Must resist, must resist!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 01:13 AM
motomodz
Track Day

Default I have the AWE full exhaust and love it....

check on the video on their site at www.awe-tuning.com

The full system adds a 39hp increase for the 997S and an 11hp increase for the non-s model! Sounds very nice at idle and at wide open throttle, it sounds like a GT2 car!!

anyone in the Baltimore area, come by my shop and have alisten in person if you'd like. directions to my shop are on my site at www.motomodz.com

I'm new to this forum.....I'd love to hear from more local 997 owners offline as well....hope that helps....good luck in your decision, I'm sure the PSE is great as well
Old 01-08-2006, 11:45 AM
samka
Advanced

MCoupe, you can hear the stock 997S exhaust versus the PSE by logging on to

www.exotixboard.com

Once there, search for '997 sports exhaust' and open the file by Mike S. It plays the sounds of his 997S pre and post-PSE fitting. There is a distinct improvement.

(Sorry not to link directly to the exact web page address. When I tried to follow a link previously, the page could not be found, but this way it can)
Old 01-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The PSE sounds fantastic, however the sport suspension setting is really way too stiff for street use on our roads.

I don't want to leave the exhaust on loud permanently, but would like to be able to switch it off and on without the sport suspension. It would be ideal to add the "goggles/brassiere" switch from the cars without the sport chrono. There are a lot of smart and technically sophisticated people on this forum - has anyone figured this out yet?
Old 01-08-2006, 02:32 PM
mr997
Advanced

Originally Posted by samka
MCoupe, you can hear the stock 997S exhaust versus the PSE by logging on to

www.exotixboard.com

Once there, search for '997 sports exhaust' and open the file by Mike S. It plays the sounds of his 997S pre and post-PSE fitting. There is a distinct improvement.

(Sorry not to link directly to the exact web page address. When I tried to follow a link previously, the page could not be found, but this way it can)
There definitley is a distinct difference from before and after the pse fitting. Thanks for the link.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:43 PM
MCoupe
Instructor

Thanks for the link samka. PSE it is! Love it.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 PM
P-Nuts
Racer

Originally Posted by Pete Lech
The PSE sounds fantastic, however the sport suspension setting is really way too stiff for street use on our roads.

I don't want to leave the exhaust on loud permanently, but would like to be able to switch it off and on without the sport suspension. It would be ideal to add the "goggles/brassiere" switch from the cars without the sport chrono. There are a lot of smart and technically sophisticated people on this forum - has anyone figured this out yet?
I wouldn't call myself smart or technical....but when S.Chrono is switched on, it switches PASM on to sport mode too, but you can then swich off the harder PASM setting by pushing the PASM button on the dash. In other words you can have 'soft' suspension at the same time as S.Chrono is on 'responsive' and PSE on 'loud'.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:53 PM
TurboTom
Track Day

Before installing PSE on my 997S, I went to the dealer to hear PSE side by side to my stock pipes.
There is a difference but not a significant difference. My son who has a 97TT went with me so that I could have a second opinion. He agreed that PSE was not quite the sound I was looking for. His TT with the Fabspeed bypass at idle sounds like ten nicely tuned Ducatis something I would like to replicate. Yes, I know Turbo vs NA, different sounds,etc., but you get the picture.

Does it seem sensible to go with an aftermarket supplier like Fabspeed for significantly less cash ( $2300 to install PSE ) and perhaps a better sound? The dealer says that aftermarket exhaust is a bolt on and does not negate warranty. Where am I going wrong here? The bottom line is, of all the aftermarket pipes which has the best sound?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:33 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Nuts
I wouldn't call myself smart or technical....but when S.Chrono is switched on, it switches PASM on to sport mode too, but you can then swich off the harder PASM setting by pushing the PASM button on the dash. In other words you can have 'soft' suspension at the same time as S.Chrono is on 'responsive' and PSE on 'loud'.
I 'm new to this forum and 997, so I'm in the learning stage. If you have the PSE with the Sport Chrono you can make the exhaust louder? Sorry if it's a dumb question
Old 02-03-2006, 02:56 AM
synergy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motomodz
check on the video on their site at www.awe-tuning.com

The full system adds a 39hp increase for the 997S and an 11hp increase for the non-s model! Sounds very nice at idle and at wide open throttle, it sounds like a GT2 car!!

anyone in the Baltimore area, come by my shop and have alisten in person if you'd like. directions to my shop are on my site at www.motomodz.com

I'm new to this forum.....I'd love to hear from more local 997 owners offline as well....hope that helps....good luck in your decision, I'm sure the PSE is great as well
I am also considering the full AWE setup - truly amazing HP gains (+39 997S) and great quality craftsmanship. Did you also get the ECU? While it is about 5k for the complete setup: headers, mufflers, cats and ECU - it seems to be the best out there for the 997S.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 AM
aaoun
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

meaker,
yes, that's correct. hittin the "sport" button (when you have PSE) causes some baffles in the exhaust to open for a louder sound

Quick Reply: Anoyone with a sound recording of 997S with PSE?