Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Wheel Choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ronmart ,
don't worry too much about the wheels you chose.
Once you get in and drive, the last thing on your mind will be what the wheels look like.

Trust me . Lol
Old 01-13-2006, 05:23 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolf Stumberger
ronmart ,
don't worry too much about the wheels you chose.
Once you get in and drive, the last thing on your mind will be what the wheels look like.

Trust me . Lol
Indeed, and the claw and the carerra are both 5 spoke so they look pretty similar at 60mph.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:07 PM
useridchallenged
Instructor

I've actually warmed up to the 19-inch Sport Design rims. Yeah, their a pain to clean. At first, I thought they were too busy because I was used to the 5-spoke Classics. But the new Sport Design rim is not as busy and dare I say frilly/feminine as the previous Sport Designs. So I finally went with the Sport Designs, briefly wished I had gone with the 5-spoke Classics, but then warmed up to the Sport Designs and am going to stick with them. I actually love 'em - and you don't see them on a lot of Porsches, which makes my 997 seem a bit more special, too. Anyone else out there in the minority that likes the Sport Designs?
Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by useridchallenged
I've actually warmed up to the 19-inch Sport Design rims. Yeah, their a pain to clean. At first, I thought they were too busy because I was used to the 5-spoke Classics. But the new Sport Design rim is not as busy and dare I say frilly/feminine as the previous Sport Designs. So I finally went with the Sport Designs, briefly wished I had gone with the 5-spoke Classics, but then warmed up to the Sport Designs and am going to stick with them. I actually love 'em - and you don't see them on a lot of Porsches, which makes my 997 seem a bit more special, too. Anyone else out there in the minority that likes the Sport Designs?
I didn't like them at first, but saw them on the #21 997 Club Coupe and they've grown on me a bit. I still prefer the classics though, especially on car wash days.

Quick Reply: Wheel Choice