Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

How did you manage to resolve the noise in the gauge cluster
Old 10-09-2015, 04:30 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

exact same problem and solution i have as well

Originally Posted by Vampire
It took me a while to pinpoint mine, but it was in the gauge cluster. I just pressed the cluster at the top center and also the rounded part of the dash. It went away. I am not sure this explains it well, so email me if you still need help.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:47 PM
CP911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

997.1S and I hear creaks coming from all over when I hit bumps. Doesn't really bother me though because when the car is being driven as it should all I can hear is the engine and tires gripping. I love these cars.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:03 PM
braymond52
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SJP3003
I'm getting creaking from the left (driver side) front dash when I ride over bumps...the dealer service person assumes it is the AC vent. Has anyone had similar noises & pinpointed the source??

Steve
I have a creak/squeak from somewhere up there - thought it was in the left dash. I noticed that if I press on the speaker cover on the door it stops. So, maybe the door panel on mine, I dunno. There's several others too. I've come to understand that interior creaks are not uncommon.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:51 PM
akw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gauge cluster for me too. Same solution - press on it near the top center
Old 10-14-2015, 04:01 PM
RennlistTomE
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Squeak

Gauge cluster for me. Speedo face.
Took me a bit of trial and error to find it.
Jammed a tiny bit of the stuff I refer to as 'booger glue' (it's that flexible / removable sticky stuff that's on the back of response cards stuck in magazines etc) between the lens and the binnacle. Worked like a charm.
Took 20 minutes to find it and 30 seconds to fix.
Good luck.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:08 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same problem in 2010 when I bought my 997 new and it was the cluster as reported here. After no love and success at the dealer, I went to Hone Depot and bought a roll of soft rubber weather stripping tape. The type that is about 1/4" wide and 1/4" high - the soft rubber type, not the felt. I got black so it would not show.

Drove the car and jammed my fingers in between the various clusters until I found the one(s) that stopped the creaking sound. Back in the garage, I cut a few pieces of the weather stripping to a size that would fit in the spots I found and installed it sticky side down (against the cluster edge). This has worked perfectly for the last 5 years and no more creaks - perfectly quiet. Best of all it is not noticeable unless you really contort your body and try to look up and through the cluster. Even then since it is black it is hard to see.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Creaking from Left Front Dash