Sponsored by:

Tequipment Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Rasbora
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tequipment Pricing

My first post however I would like to say I have enjoyed lurking here and learning from this fine group.

This is my first 911 and I am getting more and more comfortable, previous summer car was an M3 with mods that ran quite fast. The 911 is on another level and I am starting to bond....too bad the car has to be parked for the next 5 months...

I would like to get some work done during the coming winter months and absolutely want to add the factory tuned sport exhaust. They have quoted me Cdn $3900 (approx USD 3325) for the PSE plus 11 hours install (?!). I would like to add a tasteful rear wing and find the Porsche aerokit a bit much - both in price and design. I received a quote for Cdn $10,500 (approx USD 8900) for the Aerokit before paint and install.

I kindly ask those in the forum for feedback on what you may have paid for the PSE or Aerokit.

Also what could be an alternative rear wing...my apologies if this has been asked before and thank you for your patient understanding.

Rasbora
Montreal Canada
997S
Basalt Black w. Cocoa Brown Full leather
Sport Chrono, Classic wheels, etc.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:36 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome Rasbora! ... Oh, and make sure you post pics of your nice color combo there.

Pssst. I think you unintentionally created a duplicate thread with the same post. See if you can delete the other one by clicking on the edit/delete icon in the lower right hand corner of your posted message.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:07 AM
steve775
Instructor

Rasbora, if I were you I would find a good Porsche shop under the recommendation of PCA members. I think you will save on labor and get a better installation to boot. Save money simply because the time to install
should be less otherwise. I keep stressing this on this board, I know it's a boring to read compared to someone's first drive after delivery or new titanium exhaust, but I speak truth.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:09 AM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

Rasbora,

welcome. you can get the pse from suncoast motorsports for 1700 usd. aslo check thier posting on ebay. you can also call them directly.

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...T&Store_Code=P

porsche technical bulletin lists installation for cars with sport chrono as 330 time units (3.3 hours) and 4.4hrs for cars without chrono. most of the installation time is for wiring the pse switch. you can install the mufflers without wiring the switch and the exhaust will always be on.

good luck.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, Tequipment prices are very high. That gives dealers some wiggle room for discounts, however. My dealer just sent all those who've done business with them a card offering 25% off of everything in the Tequipment and Driver's Selection catalogs. That brings the price down to just high (the wheels I want are still $180 per set cheaper at Wheel Enhancement). I've noticed that some dealers advertize 15% or 20% discounts almost continuously. Whatever Porsche parts you can find elsewhere are almost always cheaper.

Last edited by Jim Michaels; 12-14-2005 at 12:44 AM. Reason: correction
Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rasbora: Your selection of the Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) will make your car much, much more versatile and downright fun to drive. When you are quoted a price for the PSE, remember to ask if it includes the sport exhaust console switch panel. You will need it to activate and deactivate the sport pipes on the PSE. Your present console switch should have a button that says "Sport" on it. The replacement switch panel will have switch with two exhaust tips on it in place of the word "Sport." The part number is 997 613 131 00 FMH , at least for US cars.

Good luck!

BTW: Montreal Rocks! I love going to the Canadian F1 GP - and can't stay away from La Queue de Cheval restaurant. What a wonderful city!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Rasbora
6th Gear

Thank you for the replies and guidance, they are much appreciated!

Clearly my dealer is overcharging here...I will try the second dealer here but as I did not buy the car from them they may not be that motivated to give me a better price...

There is a local shop that has a good rep and I will check it out. I can import from USA w/o problem and tax (which is nice).

My daring colour combo did not quite turn out as I had thought....I like to take chances but still have a tasteful result...when the car is clean it looks better but I do have some regret...should have gone with Atlas Grey....I have purchased via Germany the Macassar wood kit (no steering wheel / shifter of course!). The effect is very subtle as the wood is quite dark and has black / dark brown grain...but that is the idea as it will pick up the Basalt. I have laid it out in the car and I must admit it looks pretty nice...subtle...special.

At least that is what I am hoping....or I will dig myself a deeper hole!

lawjdc: there are other "sights" in Montreal that are unique...you know what I mean...Queu du Cheval is well known in Montreal...for being expensive but a power eatery...great steaks...if you have a big expense account....you know you can eat well here and at great prices...

I will be at the hairpin in June as always...best weekend of the year...

Rasbora
997S Basalt/Cocoa Brown

Sorry for the double post - I will try to delete the redundant post.

Trending Topics

Old 12-15-2005, 05:12 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rasbora
lawjdc: there are other "sights" in Montreal that are unique...you know what I mean...Queu du Cheval is well known in Montreal...for being expensive but a power eatery...great steaks...if you have a big expense account....you know you can eat well here and at great prices...

I will be at the hairpin in June as always...best weekend of the year...
Rasbora: I mentioned Queu du Cheval because we had a wild night there in 2004 with a German industrialist and his "daughter" - he wanted to fly us up to Toronto in his Gulfstream - my friend's son wanted to marry her! But you're right about the expense. I think our bill was almost $1000 Canadian for the night's food and drink. Good thing the German had a black AmEx card!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by lawjdc
...we had a wild night there in 2004 with a German industrialist and his "daughter" - he wanted to fly us up to Toronto in his Gulfstream - my friend's son wanted to marry her!
Oooooh, the beginnings of a juicy story. Tell us more. The forum discussions here of late have grown stale and a tad boring. Give us something to get our juices flowing, something salacious that will make us sit up and listen. I want to know more about the *wink, wink* daughter. Was this how he was able to pass off this underaged female companion that was traveling with him? ... Yeah, I'd say you guys had a fun wild night there all right. ... No wonder that poor lad wanted to marry her -- he was blown away that wild night!
Old 12-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Rasbora, if you are interested in the OEM style aerokit, i can work out some very good pricing, if you can get a certain amount of people to commit.

regards,
Omar
KARFIESTA
www.karfiesta.com
Old 12-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Rasbora
6th Gear

DeAd-EyE, thx for the offer.

I actually have a very steep driveaway and ideally I would start with a rear wing. My dealer told me the aerokit is only sold as a package - something about high speed stability.

Then again maybe the front spoiler is not materially lower than stock? The dealer could not tell me. (??)

I would most absolutely be interested in a group buy of some kind - how to start?

Rasbora
997S Basalt w. Cocoa
Old 12-16-2005, 03:46 AM
boolala
Race Car

Originally Posted by Rasbora
...I have purchased via Germany the Macassar wood kit (no steering wheel / shifter of course!). The effect is very subtle as the wood is quite dark and has black / dark brown grain...but that is the idea as it will pick up the Basalt.

Do you have pics of the interior? I'd like to see the Macassar wood kit.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Rasbora,
i only need 3-4 people to commit to 997 parts, if you wanna help me round up some committed people, then we can take it further.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:26 AM
OCBen
Banned

Do you have pics of your hood ornament?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

yeah i do...i'll include a free poster...with each order of CF Mirrors or H&R springs

Quick Reply: Tequipment Pricing