Sponsored by:

Tequipment Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCBen
Oooooh, the beginnings of a juicy story. Tell us more. The forum discussions here of late have grown stale and a tad boring. Give us something to get our juices flowing, something salacious that will make us sit up and listen. I want to know more about the *wink, wink* daughter. Was this how he was able to pass off this underaged female companion that was traveling with him? ... Yeah, I'd say you guys had a fun wild night there all right. ... No wonder that poor lad wanted to marry her -- he was blown away that wild night!
Maybe I should check with my friend to see if the Las Vegas rule has any application to wild nights in Montreal! From what we were able to learn (and remember) the "daughter" was hardly underaged, at least physically, was a college student in the LA area, and the guy had flown down to pick her up there. He was anxious to show us his jet, but we had no desire to leave Montreal that night with a festive German industrialist. Regarding the "daughter", while in Monterey at the Historics my friend's wife called the young women who were with middle-age and older Ferrari owners "Ferrari ******". She was corrected by a Ferrari owner. The correct term is "Ferrari nieces." I am sure you will agree that makes the whole arrangement much more respectable.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:28 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, of course, everything on a respectable level. We wouldn't anyone to get the wrong idea, would we.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Rasbora
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OC Ben

Thanks for the comment. Once it is installed I will try to post pics. Actually when I laid it out it looks pretty classy. I am of German background and I do not have a gold chain around my neck nor a hood ornament on my car! I spent Euro 2000 on the kit components, still better than what the local rip off dealer wanted.

Frankly I think the fake (plastic) aluminum looks and feels cheap. I drive a VW Touareg V8 as my winter car and now that is an interior. Everything is backlit, real wood, real aluminum, jet fighter shifter, LED hightlights, etc.

I know this car is not about the interior. I love the car and cannot wait until the PSE is in and the snow is gone. This is a hero car. The best. And the interior is actually so much better than it was.

I owned a 93 928 GTS and that had a nicer interior than a 996.

But I want something a little bit special - understand?

My M3 was Carbon Black with Cinammon leather and special factory installed wood. Only one in Canada with wood. VP of BMW Canada did me a favour. I tell you that interior got rave reviews....big time. .

Again what sounds cheesy can actually work but let us see the final result.

OK flame away - to each their own!

Rasbora
997S Basalt Black w. Cocoa, full leather, Bose, Navi, Sport Chrono, Classic wheels, standard seats (I liked them better) and within Spring 2006 PSE, a rear wing and Macassar WOOD KIT
Old 12-16-2005, 02:45 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OC Ben: Your new avitar showing your P-car dash panel highlights is one of the nicest surprises about the 997S. The effect of the changing color of the instruments from silver, to gray, then to black, as the outside light becomes darker, is a really, really nice feature. Its elegant, but functional.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:53 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah I know, thanks.

Yeah I was trying to capture that unique transitioning moment in the photo back in August I believe it was. I used a narrow aperture to capture a deeper depth-of-field with a slow shutter speed at ambient lighting conditions. The original photo is a little blurry but in reduced size it doesn't look bad at all.

I was also trying to capture the elegant look of the Stone Grey interior.

(Btw, the 997S was not the first Porsche to have these dials. My 01 Boxster S had the same type.)

Quick Reply: Tequipment Pricing