Sponsored by:

Ordered 997S today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:54 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, mine too is 113,000.00 but lucky for me Porsche has given me a few free goodies...

So, is 113k the magic number for us all?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:44 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Holli82
OK guys and gals....I'm all in now.
Details:

Atlas Grey
Black/Terracotta
X51
sport chrono
self dimming mirrors
sport shift
nav
tpms
park assist...I know, I know...you don't need it. But I like it.
pwr seat
heated seats
multifunction wheel
bose/ CD changer
colored crests
Dear Holli82,

This looks VERY close to the car I am about to order. I also have gotten lots of help from AeroSmith and Ray. [I plan to sign up as a member this week btw OCBen]

I too am thinking of getting full leather instead of the STD interior. I wanted to stay under 100k, but with x51, it is just not possible and I too want to be happy. Nav is probably not going to make my 'cut list' To many other items already got in.

Why did you get the multi function wheel?

I am also leaning towards the altas color. I dont know why it is growing on me so much. It looks GREAT on the pix that others have posted here.

->
Is it going to be a pain to get the car in from FL?

Will you have to pay extra taxes or anything to move the tags to NV ?

I can get a huge discount from an out of state dealer, but am worried about the headaches of bringing and out of state car into California.

Many Thanks,
Greg
Old 11-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this your first Porsche? It sound like a very nice car.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

This looks VERY close to the car I am about to order. I also have gotten lots of help from AeroSmith and Ray. [I plan to sign up as a member this week btw OCBen]

I too am thinking of getting full leather instead of the STD interior. I wanted to stay under 100k, but with x51, it is just not possible and I too want to be happy. Nav is probably not going to make my 'cut list' To many other items already got in.

Why did you get the multi function wheel?

I am also leaning towards the altas color. I dont know why it is growing on me so much. It looks GREAT on the pix that others have posted here.

->
Is it going to be a pain to get the car in from FL?

Will you have to pay extra taxes or anything to move the tags to NV ?

I can get a huge discount from an out of state dealer, but am worried about the headaches of bringing and out of state car into California.

Many Thanks,
Greg
I got the multifunction wheel because I have the some of those functions on my steering wheel on my M3. I know it sounds lazy but I've gotten use to using my steering wheel switches for volume adjustments etc.

Go see Atlas grey on a sunny day in person. The pictures on the computer and in the brochure don't quite capture the true color. To me it was much more exciting to see live. It was not my first choice initially but after seeing it in person I was hooked.

Taxes depend on the state you buy from and where you take it to. I bought my last car out of state and just paid taxes on the purchase price in Nevada only. My understanding is that if you do pay state taxes on the car where you purchase it ithen you are done UNLESS.. your state has a higher tax rate. Then you pay the difference. If your state tax rate is lower the difference will NOT be refunded to you. If possible try delay paying taxes until you register your car in your home state. This was not a problem for me in the past but some states want there money before you can get the car.

Transportation is not a problem. Most dealers will offer a "courtesy delivery" which means that the car is transported with all of the wrapping etc still in place and then detailed at the local dealer for delivery to you. The cost quoted to me was between $500-$1000 depending on the distance. Depending on the dealer you may be able to negotiate this. If your dealer owns multiple dealerships throughout the country they may do this at no charge. In the worse case scenario I was prepared to use an independent trucking company but the courtesy delivery is cheaper. Another option is to drive the car home but I want to have the clear bra installed before I take to the streets and would prefer to do that near my home in case there is problem with the clear bra later.

If the numbers are right for you I would not hesitate to look out of state. The west coast dealers aren't dealing (as much) because the demand is still relatively high. You are right.....you will probably save more by going out of state even if you factor in the cost of shipping.

Good luck in your search. For me, half the fun was looking and learning from this forum. I know that I avoided many of the "I wish I would have gotten this or that option" by just reading throught the forum and the archives nightly. I read through other websites (rennteam, 6speedonline, roadfly) but learned the most here. It's worth the $17 to me.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Is this your first Porsche? It sound like a very nice car.
this is my second Porsche. I had 944T from 88-97 which was a load of fun but no room for child seats. E36 m3 97-2001 and e46 M3 2001 until now. Both good cars but not a Porsche. I'm glad to be back in the Porsche family
Old 11-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Reading all this gave me the urge to go out and spec my car...

C4S (because I love that big a** ) with the following options. I am still undecided if I should go with the black leather interior or do the beige with blue stitching (if they still do the option of stitching), and if to do PCCB or not...:

911 Carrera 4S -$87,100
Midnight Blue Metallic E9 -$825
Black Full Leather AT -$3,365
Rocker Panels Painted XAJ -$750
ParkAssist 635 -$530
Carrera Power Kit X51 -$16,900
PCCB 450 -$8,150
Sport Chrono 640 -$920
Sport shifter XCZ -$765
Sport Design wheel 407 -$390
TPMS 482 -$590
Rims&Caps-Ext. Color XD9 -$1,290