Pictures from Baltimore/DC/NoVa/PA Rennlist Meet and Drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:20 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Pictures from Baltimore/DC/NoVa/PA Rennlist Meet and Drive

Here are just a few pictures of today's ride. Someone remind me to change the ISO on my camera at the next meet so I don't end up blurring everything when moving...

Thanks again to Mark for the great route and setting this all up!

I've already got a route for our spring ride all laid out!
Attached Images                
Old 10-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Nice Shots!

I uploaded a bunch of my photos as well.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/fall-05-renndrive
Old 10-30-2005, 09:40 AM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

looks like great cars, great fun, great roads and great people...hope to make the next gathering in the area
Old 10-30-2005, 10:49 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, that was a great meet and drive, but for the traffic and that 290 foot green corn factory on wheels (for those not there, we encountered a HUGE 50 ton corn combine travelling at 3 mph in the oncoming lane (well, it was coming toward us in all lanes and the shoulders too!!) that had the potential to turn all of us into german corn feed - I wish I had a picture of that monster but I was too busy getting the hell out of the way along with the rest of us).

This was my first one of these get togethers and if you have never been to one, it was great. I had the opportunity to talk with many of the attendees and its nice to put a real name and face to their Rennlist nicknames. Count me in for the spring meet!!
Old 10-30-2005, 01:25 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blue S2
I uploaded a bunch of my photos as well.
Sweet! I luv that last shot!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:30 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Had a great time, met some really nice people. Looking forward to the next time. Maybe we can head into southern Maryland, great country roads down there. Maybe in the spring. JF, you got to let us know when you get your club sport. I bet that baby will be sweet.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:45 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

9Eleven,

I am calling your clear bra guy. I got a very small paint chip on the front spoiler area near the radiator. So before I get another chip, I am going to check out the bra as you suggested. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Southern Maryland would be great! We have never done those areas before. We have mostly stuck to the North, and a little the the West of us.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:58 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
9Eleven,

I am calling your clear bra guy. I got a very small paint chip on the front spoiler area near the radiator. So before I get another chip, I am going to check out the bra as you suggested. Thanks!
You'll be glad you did.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:04 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have some routes for Southern Maryland from my "HOG Dayz" I could pull out!

9Eleven, I am also looking at going for the "Clear Bra" from your guy after looking at the install on your GT3 and now hearing that 1080iAddict got a chip on his nose...
Old 11-01-2005, 08:43 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JFScheck
I have some routes for Southern Maryland from my "HOG Dayz" I could pull out!

9Eleven, I am also looking at going for the "Clear Bra" from your guy after looking at the install on your GT3 and now hearing that 1080iAddict got a chip on his nose...
JF,

Don't you dare let your new Club Coupe go unprotected. You won't even see it on your color. It's worth every penny.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Yes, i second the clearmask recommendation! There is NO POSSIBLE WAY to touch up the color they used on the Club Coupe and make it look like nothing happened! If you get a rock chip it will be noticible...and if you touch it up, it will be even more noticable.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:46 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK, I'm sold for the 997...

Now how about for the Boxster? I do have a few chips on the front end. Do I touch them up, apply some wax and then can a clear bra be placed as well or since the front of the Boxster is already a little dinged is it too late?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:56 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JFScheck
OK, I'm sold for the 997...

Now how about for the Boxster? I do have a few chips on the front end. Do I touch them up, apply some wax and then can a clear bra be placed as well or since the front of the Boxster is already a little dinged is it too late?
Just get the paint and let him do it. He will touch it up, heat gun it dry and then apply the bra. No fuss no muss. No wax, he removes it to apply the bra. Just have some toothpics ready.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:20 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

9Eleven,

I noticed on your ride that the clear bra did not 'wrap around' the corners like the turn signal, headlights etc. Also, take the side view mirrors for example... the film did not wrap to the inside of the mirror, around the corners, etc. Is such an installation an option? Are there pros or cons to going either way to really eliminate the lines?

Also, the bumper area under the front and the air vents in the radiator area... its really tricky down there with all the curves and horizontal and vertical surfaces...do they clear bra that entire surface area? I got the small chip right on the top of the 'horizontal slat' of one of the radiator intakes. Does all that area get wrapped?

Finally, when you say let him paint JFScheck's blips, are you saying he has touch up paint? Maybe for Atlas? so he might clean that blip up?

thx, (Ill call him but figured I'd ask you first)

adam

Quick Reply: Pictures from Baltimore/DC/NoVa/PA Rennlist Meet and Drive