Sponsored by:

Porsche Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:11 PM
littlebigfish
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Driving Experience

I am signed up for the PDE on Nov. 12-13 (a weekend). I chose this time because it's difficult to get to go during the week. Anyway, I signed up for the 2 Day Porsche Driving Experience. The course syllabus was not on the website, only a generic description about the whole program (See the Sign-up link - more info).

I assumed it was simiar to the 2 Day High Performance Driving course description. It appears I was wrong. When I received my confirmation paperwork I received this syllabus:

Two-Day Porsche Driving Experience Syllabus

Day One

7:30 - 8:00 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast;

Introductions and Program Overview - Classroom Session: Vehicle Dynamics, Driving Line, and Off-raod; Vehicle Orientation

Driving Exercises: Skid Pad, Boxster Autocross, Slalom, Off-road Obstacle Course & Track Sessions

12:30 - 1:00 PM Lunch

1:00 - 4:30 PM Driving Exercises: Skid Pad, Boxster Autocross, Slalom, Off-road Obstacle Course & Track Sessions

4:30 - 5:00 PM Program Close

Day Two

7:30 - 8:00 AM Continental Breakfast

Classroom Session Track Review & Off-road Techniques

Driving Exercises: Cornering Drill, Off-road Trail, Cayenne Autocross, Boxster Autocross Challenge & Track Sessions

12:00 – 12:30 PM Lunch

1:00 - 4:00 PM Driving Exercises: Cornering Drill, Off-road Trail, Cayenne Autocross, Boxster Autocross Challenge & Track Sessions

4:00 - 4:30 PM Instructor Hot Laps

The 2 Day High Performance Course syllabus is the following (all in a 996 or 997 with individual instruction):

Two-Day High Performance Driving Program
DAY ONE

7:30 - 8:00 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast

8:00 - 9:15 AM Introduction and Classroom Session - Vehicle Dynamics

9:15 - 12:15 PM Driving Exercises: Slalom, High Speed Lane Change, Skid Pad and Autocross

12:15 - 1:00 PM Lunch

1:00 - 1:45 PM Classroom - Driving Line

1:45 - 4:30 PM Driving Exercises: Autocross, Cornering Drill and Track Lapping Sessions

DAY TWO

7:30 - 8:00 AM Continental Breakfast

8:00 - 9:00 AM Classroom Session - Downshifting

9:00 - 12:00 PM Driving Exercises: Michelin Autocross Challenge, Downshifting and Track Lapping Sessions

12:15 - 1:00 PM Lunch

1:00 - 1:30 PM Classroom - Track Review

1:30 - 4:00 PM Driving Exercises: Track Lapping Sessions

My question is should I cancel and wait until I get an opportunity to go to the high performance driving class during the week. I'm moderatley interested in off-road but not nearly as much as learning the basics of high performance driving. Do you think I'll get enough out of the class I'm registered for to prepare me for driving the 997 4CS???
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This class is slated to go away, notice Course description & pricing are gone from the web site, it was set up as a low cost, high volume (up to 40 or so students), sort of a sampler of the line. Attendance was so poor, it was a loss, since most people opted for the high performance classes. Who would have thought, this option will not be offered again.

Email Shelly or Lindsay and see how many have signed up, if it's 20 or so you'll have a blast and experience the Cayenne as well at almost 50% the price. You will be back for more!!

Look for prices to go up in '06, as one of their biggest expenses is fuel and that has gone up quit a bit in the last year.

Weekend dates for PDE are rare as they let other groups snap-up those dates and since PDE is located there they don't need to have weekends.

GO....and have a blast at a low price!!

Quick Reply: Porsche Driving Experience