Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Downsides of Cab ownership?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would contend that cabs make the rear seats more usable even if it leans forward a little. You get more headroom and less clusterphobic in a cab. Also, kids fit great in the back.

I have to agree that cabs are more rattle prone but those rattles can be fixed.

Bottom line, if you like soft tops, 997 cab is about as good as any soft top available ever. You get auto closing, a boot to store the top out of sight, a glass back and 3 layer canvas. It doesn't get better than that.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Putt-Putt
Pro

Received 251 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by djantlive
I would contend that cabs make the rear seats more usable even if it leans forward a little. You get more headroom and less clusterphobic in a cab. Also, kids fit great in the back...
No doubt there's unlimited head room, but please, sit your kids back there before you spend that kind of money. You may find that the lean angle does not bother you as much as it bothered us.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:05 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Putt-Putt
No doubt there's unlimited head room, but please, sit your kids back there before you spend that kind of money. You may find that the lean angle does not bother you as much as it bothered us.

I wonder if a thick back cushion would solve that problem. My son has been seating in the front in his booster.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Putt-Putt
Pro

Received 251 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
I wonder if a thick back cushion would solve that problem. My son has been seating in the front in his booster.
We thought about using a cushion only on the lower back, but that killed all the leg room back there. By the way, are you disabling the air bag when your son rides with you?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:31 PM
royalpar1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3100 miles on my cab, got it August 31, it is the best, I have always owned cabs as in south florida it is nuts not to have one.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:07 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Putt-Putt
We thought about using a cushion only on the lower back, but that killed all the leg room back there. By the way, are you disabling the air bag when your son rides with you?
Yes, the 06 model automatically deactivate the airbag. I just make sure the light comes on. BTW, I do realize it's illegal to have my 4 years old son seats in the front in California (needs to be over 6) but the rule also stated that it is "okay" if the booster can't fit properly in the back seat.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:11 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Only slight downside for me is side visibility when top with up.

Quick Reply: Downsides of Cab ownership?