Old 10-25-2005, 02:44 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Interesting upgrade to 997S...

Haven't done one of these until up to now... But with a few people stating that the 997S brakes are the same as the 996TT brakes an interesting situation came up. An owner with a Brembo Big Brake kit on a 996TT sold that kit to a 997S customer of ours who wanted to put the theory to test- to see if it would work. As luck would have it, the 15 inch BBK kit from brembo does indeed work a-ok on the 997S. Not that any of you need bigger brakes lol but if you were ever thinking of getting a kit from brembo for you 997S now you know it does actually work by ordering 996TT brakes...
Attached Images    
Old 10-25-2005, 02:46 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

this car has been tricked out with a lot of goodies already but we also threw on some cargraphic headers whilst it was on the lift

There's a claimed HP level but I dunnno... Sounded cool tho!
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2005, 04:40 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting find, but good lord, who needs larger brakes? I'm a firm believer that pad material will make a huge difference. They do look good though.

Those headers seem clean. Any pre/post dynos? Car looks very clean.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:30 PM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Sharky - What color silver is that 997 in your post? Beatiful color, although almost all cars look better when not in direct sunlight.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:44 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NoSubEDU
Interesting find, but good lord, who needs larger brakes? I'm a firm believer that pad material will make a huge difference. They do look good though.

Those headers seem clean. Any pre/post dynos? Car looks very clean.
I hear you! Loud and clear.. I have the most silly brakes of all on my car...

Pad material absolutely makes a difference but go too far with the pad compound and you'll crak the stock rotors... Having thicker, lighter and better cooled pads with improved calipers can be a great thing. Try doing 20 hard laps with stock vs these on the track You'll see way more difference that way. I agree just doing a stop or two on the street won't really show you much.

I don't have dynos for the car before and after the headers sadly Other than what Cargraphic claims. The owner said he "noticed" a difference. They're nicely made but honestly I didn't notice a power increase... Sounded neat tho and the collector does look like a much better version than stock. The stock headers on the 3.8 do look very funky/clumsy indeed. I'll post a pic.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:45 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fluid15
Sharky - What color silver is that 997 in your post? Beatiful color, although almost all cars look better when not in direct sunlight.
It's my fav 997 to date It's jus' plain 'ol artic silver!

Quick Reply: Interesting upgrade to 997S...