Sponsored by:

Wilma

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:07 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Wilma

You Floridians here, how did you fare? ... Assuming of course you're online, with power and nothing better to do than sit home at your computer, bored stiff.

Hope everyone and their loved ones made it through safe and sound. And your prized possesions as well.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:49 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother's right in line with the eye. The phone lines are down now. Hopefully everything is OK.....
Old 10-24-2005, 05:11 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks, Ben.

All systems go here in Saint Pete.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
OCBen
Banned

My sister lives in Naples. She and her husband went to stay with friends in Orlando last Wednesday to wait out the storm. Emailed her this morning, they're fine, just getting a lot of wind driven rain right now. They'll find out later what the damages, if any, to their property are.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:09 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

We did all right in the Melbourne area. Central East coast. Lots of rain and wind, a few trees down, but nothing major on a wide scale. Some isolated areas had tornadoes, and several areas that flooded, but I think on the whole we were very fortunate. My daughter came up from Plantation/Ft. Lauderdale area to ride out the storm. From the phone calls she made back to her home it was the right decision to head further North. Much more damage in South Florida. In fact, there was a report on the news that a boxster was flooded up to the roof in South Florida. Not a good day.

Good luck to all those in the harder hit areas in the Southern part of the state!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:08 PM
rushSC
Advanced

AeroSmith,

Were you driving your 997 southbound on Howard Frankland on Saturday night? I wasn't driving my '84 911 cab (I was in my red Miata), but I thought I recognized the car.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Classiguy3
7th Gear

a friend of mine has lived in palm beach for 20 years, he has not seen it this bad ever. hes ready to move out of Florida. These new age religious right republicans are ruining this country.what ever happened to the old school republicans?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:10 AM
OCBen
Banned

Whoaaaa…. You’re blaming the recent onslaught of hurricanes on the Republicans??? … Man o' man, are you misguided! … Sounds like the start of an off topic thread in the OT Forum to me! …
Old 10-29-2005, 10:20 AM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by Classiguy3
a friend of mine has lived in palm beach for 20 years, he has not seen it this bad ever. hes ready to move out of Florida. These new age religious right republicans are ruining this country.what ever happened to the old school republicans?
If your friend had lived here for 50 years he would have seen it this bad. This hurricane cycle is similar to past cycles, in particular the cycle seen in the 50s and 60s.

Experts: String of intense storms is part of normal cycle
Old 10-29-2005, 06:55 PM
tarpon1
Instructor

my dad lives in hobe sound. he lost 5 big trees but the house was ok. he said the "horizontal" rain was so strong it was coming under the door jamb and that he was lucky to have been there to push it back out. he is still without power and only got his phone back on midday friday. he said the post office roof now sits in the parking lot. getting gas was still a problem. i have a friend who lives in palm beach. he remembered that he left the shed doors open just as the storm was about to hit and not wanting the wind to go inside and blow it away he ran out and wedged the doors closed with something heavy and tied them down. after the storm he went out to check and the doors were fine but the rest of the shed had blown away...whoops...

Quick Reply: Wilma