Sponsored by:

'Waiters" what have you been doing

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts
Cool 'Waiters" what have you been doing

Most things don't get me excited and I remember waiting 9 months for my Boxster (ordered June 1997 and got it April 1998) but I don't remember getting extermely excited but this time around I am having trouble waiting.....

So to pass the time, I have tiled my garage floor for the new arrival (black and white checker board pattern.....I'll try to post some pictures once I get it polished this weekend) it looks very nice. My wife laughs at me and states I am having a nesting syndrome with the car.....

I have ordered clear side makers since I had the urge to buy something to 'mod' the car.

I bought 3 porsche polo shirts, a black Hockenheim pullover (for those cool days with the top down, Turbo hat (I'm not getting the turbo, but it was cheap ).

I was going to get some detailing stuff, but my brother just ordered his '1st car' (M3) and he has boxes of detailing stuff including a Porta-Cable random orbital buffer that I will try to use (maybe I'll practice on my current cars hehehe)

Now i need some new activity to satisfy my Porsche cravings.....maybe some racing gloves? Maybe a new watch (after reading the watch thread I realizied that my 12 year old Seiko just won't cut it ) Maybe the Tag 'Carrera'? I guess I can subscribe to one of the porsche magazines (maybe 'Excellence' as it seems to be a good one?).

The car is November build and hopefully December delivery so I have 2 more months or so to wait. What have you guys been doing (or did do) while waiting....
Old 10-13-2005, 09:07 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Call your dealer/ sales every other day to check on the status
Old 10-13-2005, 09:19 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Working on selling my M3! It's on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...81962629QQrdZ1
Old 10-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THPorsche was (I think) being funny BUT, IF you haven't checked with your dealer/salesperson recently, DO call them as he suggests. My 06 997 was a November allotment and it seems many have been moved up. Mine is scheduled to be finished by 10/24 so I should have it mid November I would guess.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Deven
Pro

Ya I will check with my dealer, but maybe I could stare at THPorsche's avatar as a distraction for a awile...........
Old 10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

I like the call the salesman daily idea. I haven't called mine in a long while maybe my car is built and I don't even know it. Happened for Aerosmith maybe they can move mine up also. Or checking out TH's girlfriend isn't a bad idea either.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Dan_997
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received my official build date yesterday for November, should see the car in January. I'm almost embarrassed by the amount of time I spend perusing this site and living vicariously though those that are already owners.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:34 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, you asked. Here is what I did during my 4 month wait:

1. Install an air compressor and air hose reel in the garage to fill tires and clean the insides of the wheels with the air compressor cleaner attachment.

2. Install a heavy duty water hose reel to the wall (I have a hose faucet in the garage), and then add the industrial hose to it and industrial nozzel. Along with the above, this now gives you air and water.

3. Take your old stereo receiver and some old speakers and install into the garage so you have tunes while you wash your car in your driveway.

4. try on and buy new sunglasses.

5. Post incessently on this Board. About anything and everything.

6. Buy a V1 radar detector.

7. Try and learn about things like dry sump, camber, and other 911 related technical stuff.

8. Call your dealer weekly.

Good luck!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:53 PM
turkish_eyebrow
Advanced

I ordered my 997s Cab in August from Newport Porsche. Since ordering, my main job was to sell my 2000 996 (my wife insisted that I sell it before getting the new one so I would not have to trade it in). Unfortunately it sold much quicker than I thought (about 2 weeks) so I am sans Porsche.

I spend a considerable time enjoying everyone’s posts here on the board...I particularly like Aerosmith’s 997S (Damn, I wanted the x51 option, but I had to keep it around $100,00); and Ocben’s car washing tips!

I can’t wait for my car...worse than waiting the 5 months for my bar results!

Better call my salesman tomorrow and check things out.

Pics to follow at some point.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:43 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

You lucky guys. My club coupe does not show up on the computers, so calling me dealer does no good.

Feel like I'm back in the Navy - - - Just Hurry up and Wait!

But, have found "Bumper Plugs" so I'm tricking out the Boxster so the wife will be happy!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:48 AM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
You lucky guys. My club coupe does not show up on the computers, so calling me dealer does no good.)
I know--and what the blazes is up with that!!! Tick-tock, tick-tock.....feel like a 10 year old, 5 days from Christmas waiting for the big day and that new sled under the tree!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Sobe
Pro

Find a few new hot girlfriends to ride with you when the car comes in .
Old 10-14-2005, 01:53 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

'Waiters" what have you been doing

Trying to get really good tips so that I can pay for my mods...J/K I had to...I know childish but I had to...
Old 10-14-2005, 04:33 PM
JJGray
Track Day

It was hard waiting for my Arctic Silver 997S. The build completion date was July 21, 2005, and I picked it up August 27th (a Saturday).

I've got 1850 miles on it now, and let me tell ya, this car is flippin' amazing. I'm still babying the car until 2000 miles, but I do let it rip up near the 5k rpm range from time to time while accelerating. I have sport mode, and have intentionally resisted pushing that button until my 2k mile mark. Can't wait to let her rip when it's time!!

You waiters, just wait until you can tear up the roads in your new car. It is SOMETHING SPECIAL!

John
'06 Arctic Silver 997S
'82 911SC Targa
Old 10-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Deven
Pro

1080i has some good points. Radar detector is next project, debating between V1 and Passport, but it seems V1 may be it. Air compressor neet idea, but the water hose is even a better idea. We have very hard water here so I need to access the hotwater tank faucet in the garage that is attached to the water softner. The only problem is the water may be to hot. Otherwise, I may need to get a plumber to pull a faucet from the water softner directly. Of course I have been non-stop reading (and now starting to post) on forums such as these. I think I will buy a leaf blower this weekend for drying the car.

Quick Reply: 'Waiters" what have you been doing