Sponsored by:

'Waiters" what have you been doing

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about bought some Porsche stock?

But seriously, anyone out there think it's a good idea or am I 3 years too late?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:27 PM
vikmal
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....3 yrs too late ....
Old 10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
MMD
Banned

I recommend you read posts like what I'm about to write:

When you get the car the thrill subsides after a few weeks. Though everytime you drive it, it is a pleasure.

You start to wonder why they can't fix that one nagging problem and start to wish the dealership was closer. You tell yourself this is part of the "fun" of owning the car.

You realize driving a "show car" around town isn't THAT great when looking for parking space at Home Depot or winding up in a nrighborhood filled with RR tracks.

You start to see kids in souped up Hondas tailgating you all the time. There also seems to be cops everywhere.

So, why mention this stuff? Just to make waiting easier. Sure, it's gonna be like sleeping with Claudia Schiffer, but when you wake up, after breakfast she farts and heads out on a shopping spree you're really gonna regret. Later that night,seeing her in her lovely party dress you forget everything except that youre gonna get some later.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:08 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Good one MMD
Old 10-17-2005, 04:45 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Claudia Schiffer? Isn't she like 50?

Anyway, start to draft up a list of places you will and will not go or places where gold digging chicks hang out lol
Old 10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by THPorsche
Claudia Schiffer? Isn't she like 50?

l
LOL, yeah I realized that after I hit the send button.

I'm too out of the 20-something era to cite the latest smart, classy, non-slutty, gorgeous, non-botoxed, non-siliconed babe.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:54 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD

I'm too out of the 20-something era to cite the latest smart, classy, non-slutty, gorgeous, non-botoxed, non-siliconed babe.

They don't exist.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:50 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think the "it's like dating a supermodel who treats you like crap" analogy holds true for modern Porsches. Old Italian and British cars, yes, but not modern Porsches. 997s are cars which are daily drivers for many, and their reliability and livability is pretty excellent.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Deven
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
I don't think the "it's like dating a supermodel who treats you like crap" analogy holds true for modern Porsches. Old Italian and British cars, yes, but not modern Porsches. 997s are cars which are daily drivers for many, and their reliability and livability is pretty excellent.
So your saying that your Porsche is going to be like June Cleaver?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:51 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
Never thought she'd treat us like crap. More like she'd have "ways" which make her specialness a bit not-so-special. Makes waiting easier for the original poster I hope.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Deven
Pro

Originally Posted by MMD
Never thought she'd treat us like crap. More like she'd have "ways" which make her specialness a bit not-so-special. Makes waiting easier for the original poster I hope.
I totally understand what you are saying. Basically there will be days when driving the car will not be as rewarding (perhaps even choreful). I think the excitement/anxiousness in waiting is in the anticipation. Just yesterday I was driving behind a 997 for a long stretch and started to envision myself driving my car to be. Moments like that make the waiting harder.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:21 AM
turkish_eyebrow
Advanced

Hey chefs (former waiters),

I finally got in contact with my sales guy...He said that the status report shows 10/21 is the estimated production date for my 997 S Cab. I guess that means it is being built right now....YA!!!

He does not seem to be able to provide an estimate for the delivery date. Can anyone provide a time estimate for the delivery date? I live in Orange County so I am only an hour away from the San Diego port.

I may be a bit neurotic...But I am so pumped that I can hardly wait!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Oz
Old 10-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Deven
Pro

Lucky you. I spoke to my contacted my salesperson and he stated that the computer still says Nov build, but no date. I was hoping it would get pushed forward, but Oh well.

I found a new hobby. I bought the game: 'Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed'. I am actually impressed with this game, as it goes through Porsche history, you get to 'drive' the cars chronologically (up till 2000 = 996). The graphics are stunning, and apparently the sounds and handling of the cars are suppossed to be 'accurate'. At least this way I am getting my Porsche fix..........
Old 10-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Learned today my Carrera 4 Cab is "ON VESSEL".
Come to Papa baby.

Quick Reply: 'Waiters" what have you been doing