Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don Rosen Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005 | 01:20 PM
rebe1
Racer

Default Don Rosen Porsche

A dealer from Don Rosen Porsche (PA) just phoned and called me a bozo today cause I didn't purchase his used car which was 3K miles, 5.5 months old, but the front bumper was all scratched up (he said the paint was perfect, no scratches, no dents before I drove 8.5 hours to check it out), and the trunk engine lid wouldn't close properly and left a gaping gap and didn't close flushed (the dealer said I was seeing things, and the service manager and owner said it was fine in their eyes). The gap wasn't apparent on the 997 cab in their showroom. And when asked if they had another 997 to compare with, they said none at all, but my brother and I spotted a brand new one in the lot in back, and sure enough, the lid was fine.

He went on to tell me that another Porsche dealership I was visiting was small (Sun Motors Porsche), which it wasn't -- it was bigger than theirs.

Anyways, I just want to know if there's anything I should do, write to Porsche, etc.? That dealership was the most classless dealership I've ever been to.
Old 09-28-2005 | 01:36 PM
GT3BB
Racer

I would think the owner of the dealership would want to know which of their employees is calling customers "bozos".

You can work you way up the Porsche food chain from there.

Good Luck.
Old 09-28-2005 | 01:52 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

the best course of action with rosen is to do what lots and lots of local philly people do..just stay away.
a bunch of pompous asses..
Old 09-28-2005 | 02:31 PM
djantlive
Drifting

That's really bad for Porsche to have a dealer that does disservice to customers.
Old 09-28-2005 | 02:53 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

<<That's really bad for Porsche to have a dealer that does disservice to customers>>
they sell lots and lots of cars...just not to me . I'm sure porsche loves them.
Old 09-28-2005 | 03:30 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Both write porsche and the owner.
Old 09-28-2005 | 04:55 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Well, let me chime in. I have some experience with Don Rosen that I want to share.

I purchased my 997 S from Don Rosen. Let me give you the history of my sale, I'll try and make it short.

I lost the 2nd engine on my Audi, so it was time to get a new car. I was having a bitch of a time dealing with the Audi dealer down here in NC to get the car fixed. The owners of the Porsche dealership and the Audi dealership are one and the same, and in fact, the Porsche dealership is next door to the Audi dealership.

I had been dealing with the Audi dealer and owners for several months trying to get a tranny fixed, so when the engine went, I really gave them hell. I NEEDED a car, and I wanted a 911, so I went over to the Porsche dealership (clenching fists and teeth I tell ya, but I had nowhere else to go...) and spoke with one of the sales reps about buying a new 911. They had none on the lot, but were expecting one to come in the following month. I then gave him the list of options that I wanted, the color combo, and said, "Find a car that has these options, or as close as possible, anywhere, and let me know what it'll cost and how long to get it."

He called me the very next day and said that he had nothing, and that he couldn't help me. Pretty messed up, but I took his word for it.

I then proceeded, for three days, to check inventory at various dealers from FL to NYC. On the 3rd day I noticed a 2006 911 with everything that I was looking for, and the color combo, on Don Rosen's inventory via their website.

I called the dealer, asked to speak with "any" Porsche salesman, and I got Frank Mutto. Frank and I had a great conversation. I mean, you couldn't ask for a better customer, I called him up, I gave him the vin number and the car, he didn't even know it existed...so he looked it up, saw the car, but didn't have a vin yet. (Again, I knew more than they did...)

By the next day, I had negotiated a deal on the car and put a grand down to keep it. I made the offer, and they accepted it from the get go. And no, I didn't pay MSRP. And yes, it was a brand new car...it was on the boat on it's way to the USA.

Don Rosen did an exceptional job of relaying info to me. They accepted the ridiculous number of phone calls I made for updates, and they even gave me the 24-hour notice so that I could get my one-way plane ticket the day before the car came in. They called me at 1:00PM on Fri to let me know it should be there the next day. BAM, I bought my Southwest ticket for 40 bucks and I was ready to go.

I showed up the next AM at 8:00 at the dealer. The place wasn't even open yet. They welcomed me in. The car didn't arrive at 8:00, but by 10:00 it was there. They let me see it, they had it detailed, and they applied the clearbra to the car.

It wasn't until later in the day that I got the car back from the clearbra guy, but it was apparent that the clearbra was not good enough. Regardless of the excuses (something having to do with humidity, says the installer...) I immediately grabbed the salesman, Frank, and the Sales Manager, and brought them to the front of the car and told them what was unacceptable. They both looked at it, and without hesitation, said they would give me a check (We Owe) for the amount of the clearbra + tax.

When it's all said and done, it was probably the easiest transaction DR ever had. But I was ready and willing to find another dealer, and had no problem going out of state to find one. Don Rosen did an excellent job treating me, the customer, well...and was very professional when it came to communication as well as making the customer happy.

I'm sorry to hear about the above-mentioned critics, but it is the internet, and it is a web-based forum, and you are not going to hear about all the great experiences, sadly, your going to hear more about the problems and "Help me" kind of situations. That is, afterall, what this forum is for.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-28-2005 | 05:16 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

same idea different dealer. a friend of mine had an ongoing problem with a rattle with a nissan truck.after numerous go arounds he finally get the dealership owner on the phone.
the dealer had the following to say..."why don't you just turn up the radio so you don't hear the rattle"
Old 09-28-2005 | 05:22 PM
rebe1
Racer

I am happy that you had a great transaction. I'm hoping that everyone has a great experience when buying their dream car. I already wrote about this once already, without mentioning the Dealership name at all. I only wrote about it today because I was crazy mad that he phoned up trying to solicit a sale after treating us like garbage and proceeded to call me a bozo. I still have not even stated the actual dealer's name, although it might be of better service to mention that than the dealership name. However the fact that the service manager (with 30 years experience) and the other dealers all told us that "in their eyes it was fine", all while avoiding the question, and the dealer himself telling us that we're seeing things, really gets me.

Plus the fact that he told me I was wasting my time looking at this other 997 that had more miles, and older, and from a 'small' dealership (which it was not, it was a lot bigger, plus nicer), even though that 997 ended up being in almost new condition compared to the one they were selling.

I don't even know why he called me. Weird.

Originally Posted by NoSubEDU
I'm sorry to hear about the above-mentioned critics, but it is the internet, and it is a web-based forum, and you are not going to hear about all the great experiences, sadly, your going to hear more about the problems and "Help me" kind of situations. That is, afterall, what this forum is for.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-29-2005 | 10:11 AM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

I understand why you would be upset. I just wanted you to be aware that the same dealership is also capable of a seamless transaction and satisfied customer.
Old 09-29-2005 | 10:15 AM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Well, let me chime in. I have some experience with Don Rosen that I want to share.

I purchased my 997 S from Don Rosen. Let me give you the history of my sale, I'll try and make it short.

I lost the 2nd engine on my Audi, so it was time to get a new car. I was having a bitch of a time dealing with the Audi dealer down here in NC to get the car fixed. The owners of the Porsche dealership and the Audi dealership are one and the same, and in fact, the Porsche dealership is next door to the Audi dealership.

I had been dealing with the Audi dealer and owners for several months trying to get a tranny fixed, so when the engine went, I really gave them hell. I NEEDED a car, and I wanted a 911, so I went over to the Porsche dealership (clenching fists and teeth I tell ya, but I had nowhere else to go...) and spoke with one of the sales reps about buying a new 911. They had none on the lot, but were expecting one to come in the following month. I then gave him the list of options that I wanted, the color combo, and said, "Find a car that has these options, or as close as possible, anywhere, and let me know what it'll cost and how long to get it."

He called me the very next day and said that he had nothing, and that he couldn't help me. Pretty messed up, but I took his word for it.

I then proceeded, for three days, to check inventory at various dealers from FL to NYC. On the 3rd day I noticed a 2006 911 with everything that I was looking for, and the color combo, on Don Rosen's inventory via their website.

I called the dealer, asked to speak with "any" Porsche salesman, and I got Frank Mutto. Frank and I had a great conversation. I mean, you couldn't ask for a better customer, I called him up, I gave him the vin number and the car, he didn't even know it existed...so he looked it up, saw the car, but didn't have a vin yet. (Again, I knew more than they did...)

By the next day, I had negotiated a deal on the car and put a grand down to keep it. I made the offer, and they accepted it from the get go. And no, I didn't pay MSRP. And yes, it was a brand new car...it was on the boat on it's way to the USA.

Don Rosen did an exceptional job of relaying info to me. They accepted the ridiculous number of phone calls I made for updates, and they even gave me the 24-hour notice so that I could get my one-way plane ticket the day before the car came in. They called me at 1:00PM on Fri to let me know it should be there the next day. BAM, I bought my Southwest ticket for 40 bucks and I was ready to go.

I showed up the next AM at 8:00 at the dealer. The place wasn't even open yet. They welcomed me in. The car didn't arrive at 8:00, but by 10:00 it was there. They let me see it, they had it detailed, and they applied the clearbra to the car.

It wasn't until later in the day that I got the car back from the clearbra guy, but it was apparent that the clearbra was not good enough. Regardless of the excuses (something having to do with humidity, says the installer...) I immediately grabbed the salesman, Frank, and the Sales Manager, and brought them to the front of the car and told them what was unacceptable. They both looked at it, and without hesitation, said they would give me a check (We Owe) for the amount of the clearbra + tax.

When it's all said and done, it was probably the easiest transaction DR ever had. But I was ready and willing to find another dealer, and had no problem going out of state to find one. Don Rosen did an excellent job treating me, the customer, well...and was very professional when it came to communication as well as making the customer happy.

Just my 2 cents.
Was it Performance Auto Mall that you had the problems with in NC?

I purchased an '02 996 C4 cab from them recently and fortunately had a very good experience.
Old 09-29-2005 | 10:42 AM
rebe1
Racer

I am sure how this particular dealer acted was not totally reflective of the dealership as a whole. Although how they weren't being totally honest about the used car was suspect. Anyways, not looking at used anymore, too much stress :P

I understand why you would be upset. I just wanted you to be aware that the same dealership is also capable of a seamless transaction and satisfied customer.
Old 09-29-2005 | 11:08 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

I always buy new, no sustitute.
Old 09-30-2005 | 10:54 AM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rebe1
I am sure how this particular dealer acted was not totally reflective of the dealership as a whole. Although how they weren't being totally honest about the used car was suspect. Anyways, not looking at used anymore, too much stress :P
The important thing is that you be happy. If you are not going to be happy dealing with that dealer, then by all means, find a dealer that makes you smile. That's what I did...and I had to go 4 states away to do it.

Just make sure that your new car is PERFECT!

Originally Posted by dmac
Was it Performance Auto Mall that you had the problems with in NC?

I purchased an '02 996 C4 cab from them recently and fortunately had a very good experience.
I assume it's the same place. I went over to Leith Porsche. I had bought my Audi from Leith Audi.
Old 10-02-2005 | 11:00 AM
tarpon1
Instructor

bottom line: the salesman who you dealt with tried to spin it and gave you less than accurate information in order to make a sale. this is not what you need/want when buying a $80-90k car. a good dealer whether selling cars or high end doorknobs should be interested in building a relationship based on trust and good service in order to retain you for the longer term. don't waste your time with guys like this, cut your losses and go find someone who makes you you feel good about the purchase and who you can trust. my guess is you probably felt less than comfortable as soon as this guy started talking; trust your instincts. good luck.

Quick Reply: Don Rosen Porsche