Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, What kind of discounts are you getting on your 997 S purchases?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

turkish_eyebrow:

Sent you a PM. If you need any help let me know.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Tracym
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newport Auto Center is a Joke as far as sales go. That's why I bought my car elsewhere. If you want to pay full price then go there otherwise you can get great discounts on these cars right now. I know a dealer offering 5-8% depending on the car and maybe more on a fully loaded one. They days of getting list for these cars is over. You just have to ask.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:59 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agree.
they ask 100K on a light-opt 04 C4 cab.

Originally Posted by Tracym
Newport Auto Center is a Joke as far as sales go. That's why I bought my car elsewhere. If you want to pay full price then go there otherwise you can get great discounts on these cars right now. I know a dealer offering 5-8% depending on the car and maybe more on a fully loaded one. They days of getting list for these cars is over. You just have to ask.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:03 AM
turkish_eyebrow
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tracym

Since this is the first brand new Porsche I have bought, I figured that was just the way it was...pay full price or someone else will.

Damn...I wish I would have joined this site before I ordered!

I might ask again for a discount and if they don’t give in, I’ll take my deposit back and order somewhere else...I am not sure that I go through waiting again...it may be worth the extra $5k to $6k to have the car sooner. If my wife reads this, I will certainly be doomed to wait for a discounted purchase!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:05 PM
loliver
Instructor

Originally Posted by JFScheck
You keeping the GT2 as well?
Yes I am keeping the GT2. I love that car.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
loliver
Instructor

I asked for a couple % off and they said no. The way I look at it is, they, Suncoast, treat the customer like gold. Their service is the best, they are mod friendly,they were a great help in getting my 03 Turbo lemon lawed back to Porsche. Its more important to have a great dealer then to shop price at a lesser quality shop. They offered changing the side markers on their own.
Anyway, thats what I think.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:37 PM
GT3BB
Racer

My dealer generously offered my car at full price, although they did give my what I thought was a fair price on my GT3 trade.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Tracym
Advanced

If you are willing to order a car (my preferred way to go) you can get a much better deal than someone walking onto a lot. I like the idea of special ordering because the car is mine, exactly as I want it. No compromises(other than x51!), nothing I don't want, only things I do. I know this requires patience but this is also how to get the deep deal. I would think that if you weren't getting at least 5% off from your dealer you were not getting a "fair" deal. My dealer I deal with feels that the market overall is soft and he wants to move every car before they hit the showroom. He is willing to deal to do this. Dealers that turn into car collectors (because they won't discount) in the long run end up pissing off all the good customers. I don't expect the car for free, I just want to feel like my business is appreciated and that I am at least not paying retail. Paying full price is great if you have $50 Mill in the bank.

I don't have that problem yet so I want the best price I can negotiate.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

I agree with Tracy. I think the trouble is the club coupe, a one of a kind (ok, one of 50 kind) and dealers are squirrely on that price model.

But dealers make around 15% on these cars. When you are talking about 100k stickers, 15 large is a load. Surely there is some give. Just ask. Worst case, they tell you no. Walk and find a better deal. Better deals abound.

Larry, were you serious when you said they'd change out the sidemarkers for you? That is hilarious. Takes 30 seconds.

Congrats on the Club Coupe man, that is going to be awesome, although not 'the beast' that yellow screamer is.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 10-21-2005, 01:52 AM
tsmith
AutoX

Default Watch out for the liars at Hoehn

If you're considering doing business with Hoehn, beware. Don't believe anything they tell you. About 18 months ago Hoehn was advertising "new" 996s with ~6K miles for about $68K. I had just read on rennlist that some Porsche dealers were selling cars that had been used in the Porsche Driving Experience, so the first thing I asked the Hoehn salesperson was whether the car had been used in PDE (who would want to buy a car that's seen nothing but track time for 6,000 miles?). He said that it had not, and that it was an "executive-driven" car. So I took it for a test drive, agreed on a price, and had signed most of the papers when he put in front of me a disclaimer that said something like "I understand that this car has been used in the Porsche Driving Experience . . . ." The jerk had flat out lied to me. I left immediately, and bought my 996 elsewhere. And I will never buy so much as a key ring from Hoehn.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:47 AM
tarpon1
Instructor

i got a free poster and the pitch that i could have it for msrp or take a hike because there was a line behind me (which i believe was true in sep 04). my car was at the dealer (another buyer bailed at the last minute) so it was hard to pass up. problem is while they still have limited supply and you want what they have....the thing that ticked me off a little is that when i bought my 750il i was checking the market for my 997S and it was hinted that there is still a sizable spread built into these cars...the dealer essentially said "i know you think it should be worth more than this but as a dealer i can buy a new one here so why would i pay you more? good point.). i did however find a little play in the new bmw which was similarly priced and flying off dealer lots so who knows...
Old 10-21-2005, 10:52 AM
loliver
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
I agree with Tracy. I think the trouble is the club coupe, a one of a kind (ok, one of 50 kind) and dealers are squirrely on that price model.

But dealers make around 15% on these cars. When you are talking about 100k stickers, 15 large is a load. Surely there is some give. Just ask. Worst case, they tell you no. Walk and find a better deal. Better deals abound.

Larry, were you serious when you said they'd change out the sidemarkers for you? That is hilarious. Takes 30 seconds.

Congrats on the Club Coupe man, that is going to be awesome, although not 'the beast' that yellow screamer is.
Eric
They are giving me the markers and installing them. The club will be my daily car and the GT2 for fun. Driving the GT2 in Florida thunderstorms is a handful.
BTW if you end up doing the models, I am in for a Speed Yellow GT2 and a Club Coupe with areokit for sure.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:08 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Eric,

You gonna be able to make me some parts in "Azzuro California" for my club coupe?
Old 10-22-2005, 10:04 AM
mdonline
Instructor

I took delivery on my 2006 997S last week from Carlsen Porsche, Redwood City, CA.

Ordered it in June when the market was red hot. Received $1,500 off sticker of about $82,500 sticker. The only options I have are the metallic paint and floor mat. When the car arrived, I told them nicely that I would feel better if they throw in something given the fact that the market has softened. They added the PermaPlate for free (about $1k retail, their cost may be $100?).

I think right now in late Oct 2005, there is definite room for negotiation even in the Bay Area. I would think $2000 off MRSP of 80K+ is reasonable. You can add $1k off for every 10k of MSRP.

Case in point, a friend of mine just place an ordered on 2006 977S at Steven Creeks Porsche. They gave him $3000 off on sticker $94k. I am sure the Redwood City guys will give you a similar if not better deal. You may get a slightly better deal if you wait a few more months when the rain starts. If you wait till the Spring, they may not be in the mood to deal again. Southern California is tougher I think.

I would rather pay whatever price you can get and put the order in now. A delay of a few months in ordering is a few months of denying that instant pure gratification. I love my 997S, my first Porsche. It drives unbelievable. My only regret is why I didn't do it 10 years earlier.

My sales guy was Mike Bradley. He is a great guy.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Help, What kind of discounts are you getting on your 997 S purchases?