Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered C2 coupe. Looking for input.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 09:36 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I have thte "soft look" leather on my 996 and like it very much. I highly recommend it. You might want to consider that also. Only about $375 extra.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:37 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a non S and dont regret it at all. I can keep up with any S anyday...Spend the extra 8k on driving scholl , PDE etc....8k will get you quite a few sets of tires as well. I dont fault any S buyers (I almost did it for the red calipers).

Everyone sees this differenty. I would however get the adaptive seats(I have elec. seat.) TPMS is a joke, self dimming mirrors not worth it.

You will love the base one and never look back. If you think re-sale will be better than you should not be buying any neww Porsche as history tells us!

Enjoy the wait!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:40 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by rss997
I can keep up with any S anyday...
Yeh, buddy! Meet me on the 5!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:41 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

self dimming mirrors not worth it.
Actually, this is an often overlooked option, inexpensive and, IMO, well worth it.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:47 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Actually, this is an often overlooked option, inexpensive and, IMO, well worth it.
Yeah, I'm so glad I was able to change my order to get them. It's one of those options that's almost impossible to retrofit later. Well worth it.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:04 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

I'll meet you in the mountains and we will see, oh I forgot you got the ceramics on your launch car didn't you? On second thought, forget it! An S with Ceramics is a little more formidable opponent!

I wear my sunglasses at night, cheaper than the mirrors!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:30 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I have self dimming mirrors on my S4 and Z06 and the one reason I don't like them is that I'm always looking out for cops behind me at night. With the self dimming mirrors, I can't tell what is what!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 PM
PivotPoint
Intermediate

Thanks everyone for your input. I tossed around the idea of getting the "S" for quite a bit before I deceided to stick with the base. I'm sure it has a little more kick but performance numbers weren't significant enough to warrant the extra cost. I asked myself what I liked the most about the "S" and it really came down to the quad exhaust and the red calipers. I really like the look of the quad pipes so I added the PSE.

I had the dimming mirrors and lights in my Audi A6 2.7t that I turned in last year. Thought it was a nice feature and for $385 seemed a no brainer. Called and added the TPMS after reading earlier posts. Figured that if it just keeps me a little more aware of tire pressure that it will pay for itself in no time with extended tire life. When I called my sales guy to add, he said most of the problems with TPMS were related to the Cayene when switching to winter tires?

The 997 will be my first Porsche. It will also be my second car and I plan to hold on to it for quite some time. I'll be paying cash for the car when it arrives and money isn't really an issue. Believe it or not I was going to buy a new Corvette prior to changing course and switching to Porsche. Just became turned off with the Chevy dealers and was even more concerned about service. Hard to explain but felt a little quilty when I started piling options on the "S". Just felt that I needed to draw the line somewhere or before I knew it I'd be justifying the Turbo S in my mind.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:40 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree the plastic seat backs are a downside to the adaptive sport seats. Would have much perfered leather seat backs. I'm not quite sure why they did it that way. Nor am I quite sure why I said earlier that I 'way' 220 instead of 'weigh' 220 as I look back on my horrific grammer mistake.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Speed
Pro

I highly recommend the multi-function steering wheel. It really makes operating the radio, phone and NAV a lot easier without having to take your hands off the wheel and eyes of the road.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:52 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I wear my sunglasses at night, cheaper than the mirrors!
You're too much Robert! But that's really funny!
Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
... Nor am I quite sure why I said earlier that I 'way' 220 instead of 'weigh' 220 as I look back on my horrific grammer mistake.
You weigh 220??? No way! Was that on a good day you say?

Originally Posted by PbPedis
I have self dimming mirrors on my S4 and Z06 and the one reason I don't like them is that I'm always looking out for cops behind me at night. With the self dimming mirrors, I can't tell what is what!
LOL ... Reminds me of the lyrics to that classic Crosby, Stills, & Nash song ("Almost Cut My Hair" I believe it was called) ... "It increases my paranoia, like looking in my mirror and seeing a police car."
Old 08-27-2005, 08:30 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahem.... you dont even wanna know what it was before 220. I was down to 213 and working to get back. But thats for a different forum.... dietopia.com. j/k

-A

p.s. hahaha I actually typed that in and it takes me to a diet website!!!

Quick Reply: Just ordered C2 coupe. Looking for input.