Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone getting "Suspension recoil"?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 12:53 PM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone getting "Suspension recoil"?

I lowered my car with H&R springs and my car has PASM. I have driven 600 miles with no problems. Two days ago I filled up at Shell. Immediately after pulling out my car starts revving high and low like a vapor gap sort of thing upon acceleration, real bad in 1st and 2nd. My first thought is gas cap not on tight but that was not it plus the idiot lights tell you that these days. I take the car straight to the dealer. The put it on the computer and it shows no fault codes. The mechanic tells me it is "Suspension Recoil" from drive by wire and my foot is bouncing off the floor and once the computer senses it, it will repeat it or I have to "get on it" which is BS, b/c I tried that and it made no difference. Plus, I have been driving the car for a while now and no problems, now all the sudden, a problem. They say it is normal and it has been in all the cars. Give me some feed back quick, they want me to come get the car and I told the to keep it.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:57 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like bad gas to me.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:54 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't get how suspension components affect the throttle. ??

Sounds like either bad gas or some faulty programming in the DBW.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:10 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoSubEDU
I don't get how suspension components affect the throttle. ??
I think the dealer is suggesting that his foot is bouncing on the gas as the car bounces.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:22 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL....that's a good one. Maybe if it was on sport and you were having spasms in your foot.

I just don't see it...
Old 08-24-2005, 11:52 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are joking right?
Old 08-28-2005, 08:55 AM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

No, believe it or not, I am not joking. I got an email from my tech guy saying my car was ready to pick up and it was all good. Apparently, once the car sat over night it must have sorted itself out. I think it was a vapor lock or something. I must have been very low on fuel when I filled up and the fuel system developed a hick-up, which it certainly should not. The disturbing thing is the techs originally tried to pass this off as normal, which just about sent me over the edge. Thankfully, when I went back the next day for a test drive the car drove as new. While driving with the service manager I did ask him if I should observe a break in period with the car and he said absolutely not, the cars are tested on the autobahn, he said go for it, drive it like you want to.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:43 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did ask him if I should observe a break in period with the car and he said absolutely not, the cars are tested on the autobahn, he said go for it, drive it like you want to.

Quick Reply: Anyone getting "Suspension recoil"?