997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone done this PSE mod on a 997?

Old 05-13-2006, 10:36 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the electrical connector, or plug the vacuum hose, and PSE is "on" all the time.

I _love_ the sound with the electrical connector off (haven't gotten a Check Engine yet, either), but I need the ability to control the sound - tight a&&ed neighbors at times. <g>

Maybe a secondary switch between the connector and the solenoid is the answer if you need to override the DME signal? Sport ON, secondary switch closed == PSE loud with DME control; secondary switch open == loud all the time... (equivalent to connector unplugged).

-don
Old 05-25-2013, 02:00 AM
SBPORSCHE
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I unplugged the electric plug and found no change. The PSE button till functioned normally. I even turned it on and off multiple times , went for a drive etc....to no avail. I later turned the car on, crawled under it and had my wife push the PSE button on and off and it definitely still worked- I could see the actuator going. Any ideas???
The plug was that matched the look of the one in the photos above was clipped to my air box.....other than the location being different it seems like I did everything right.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:19 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

I think you pulled the wrong plug?
The plug is on the right side of air box, I believe, on an S.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:03 AM
SBPORSCHE
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep- sure enough there are two plugs that look identical in the engine bay- one is clipped to the engine on the pass side and the other is clipped to the air filter box also in the passenger side. The correct one to unplug is the one that is clipped to the engine. Yippee KiYay!
Old 12-05-2015, 08:00 PM
lurchphil
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Admission: I failed to disconnect one of the PSE vacuum lines when I removed the driver's side muffler on my 997.2. I am certain that it pulled free from one of the upper connections, (wherever that might be!). The metal wrapped vacuum lines were very difficult to remove so I cut them off about one-half of an inch and now they are too short. I have new silicone hose enroute. Trying to route the new hose for reattachment will undoubtedly be the challenge of a lifetime. Do I have to remove the rear bumper or the center muffler or can I access the connections from the engine compartment? What if I just leave them unattached and unplug the electrical connection in the passenger side of the engine? Can I plug the system at the electrical connection in the engine compartment? Will it harm anything?

Phrustrated Phil
Old 12-06-2015, 12:55 AM
ElVerde07
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there is any performance difference. I DO think that the performance doesn't increase to match the noise, though, so that might make you think you're losing power?

Just a thought.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:56 PM
ChicagoSpeed996
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroSmith
So what's the scoop? Can this be done on a 997 PSE????
Nope, not for the 997. There is another way to maintain the PSE function while having the loud on all the time. I have done it. There is a write up on this forum of how to. Basically you access the computer behind the rear seats and you cut a wire and wire in a switch. I mounted my switch in the "ashtray" in the center console.
Works like a charm.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone done this PSE mod on a 997?