Sponsored by:

Problems with Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 01:38 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Problems with Dealership

I placed an order for the C2S in mid/late July. A week afterwards, I asked them to send me a copy of the pro-forma invoice and/or to send me written confirmation of my options. The dealership, however, has been dragging their heels in sending me any of this information, and in particular, has been completely unable to unwilling to send me the pro-forma invoice.

At the same time, a local dealership that I visited awhile ago while shopping around called me this weekend and basically offered me the same discount as the upstate NY dealership. I'm inclined to cancel my order and place it with the local dealership -- who has promised to send me a pro-forma invoice within 24 hours of the order being placed. At the same time, I have a $1,000 deposit with the upstate NY dealership, and am wondering how difficult it will be get that back.

Any advice would be welcome -- is it necessarily that difficult to get a copy of the pro-forma invoice? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:27 AM
tooner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say if your not happy go somewhere else and the worse thing that can happen is you get your money back when they sell the car.
I got the pro-forma approximately 2 days after I put my orders in... I'm clueless as to why yours is taking way too long.

Here in CAL you can get your deposit back a few days after canceling unless the dealer has a policy that you wont get your deposit back until the car is sold.

DEALERS can ruin one of the most beautiful part about Porsche…. purchasing!!
Old 08-07-2005, 07:40 AM
royalpar1
Instructor

Brahman Porsche gave me the proforma while I was at the dealership after placing the order. They want to ensure that the deal is correct.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Porky
Instructor

Cancel the order and go with the other dealership!
Before I got my 997 I bought a new 996 (Septemeber 2003) and I couldn't believe the attitude of the dealership, they were so unhelpful I told them I will cancel the order and buy from a dealer! That is exactly what I did! Its your money and if you are not being taken care of - go somewhere else!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:14 PM
jonquiljo
Advanced

Originally Posted by tooner
DEALERS can ruin one of the most beautiful part about Porsche…. purchasing!!

I'll drink to that! It's not like they built them or anything. Dealers are really strong on attitude.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:43 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

I'm all set to cancel my order, but I'm just concerned that I they will refuse to return my deposit. Any strategies to make sure I get it back?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:12 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sounds like they did not have an available allocation to order you car, but took your money.
Not Right!
Time to have a chat....
Old 08-08-2005, 12:13 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

I just spoke with these guys. They told me that they'd send me some confirmation of my order and options and if they couldn't do it by the end of the day, they'd cancel my order and refund my deposit. I sincerely hope they can't get me the confirmation so that I can have my deposit returned.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
SDSmith
Advanced

Why give them a second chance when there are other dealers out there that are sucessful at keeping their customers happy?

Last edited by SDSmith; 08-08-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:11 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I'd just move on to the other dealership. Here in CA they legally can not keep a down payment.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:55 PM
teflon_jones
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nowhere in the US are they legally allowed to keep a deposit on a car pre-delivery.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Speed
Pro

I agree with MJones. The pro forma invoice signifies the order has been transmitted to PCNA and is in their system with an order no. I ordered my 997S by phone from a dealer in Cincinnati (I'm in NYC) and got my pro forma invoice by fax the next day. The dealer either doesn't have the allocation or is trying to see if he can get a buyer at full price while keeping you on the hook.

Quick Reply: Problems with Dealership