Sponsored by:

Any CT people here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 05:41 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any CT people here?

I just got another ticket in Darien on 95 early this morning for 85 in a 55. The cop told me he could lock me up for that speed and when he gave me the ticket he said it was a mail in and if I pay it by mail there will be no points on my license. My license is in NY but I paid two other tickets recently so I think my CT driving privileges could get taken away. Does anybody know if myCT drving privileges willl get revoked if I mail the payment in? Thanks.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:02 PM
BD997
Racer

no radars allowed in CT either... CT sucks.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

radars are allowed in CT...

suggestion is to pay the fine and get it over with.

probably won't affect your license in NY since the two DMV's dont exactly share often.

my license is in CT and ive gotten lots of tickets in NY and they never show up on my record.

CT has some great driving roads and (mostly) friendly cops... at least in the greenwhich/westport area

north more you run into some unfriendly cops, and the state troops (as always) are hardasses
Old 07-31-2005, 05:04 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is way too much speeding on 95 in CT, and it shows with the excessives accidents and many fatalities on that highway. That is why it is rightfully patrolled heavily. I seen and helped to many serious accidents victims south of Bridgeport that are caused by speeding and reckless driving.

I agree with Moogle and pay the fine. You should also slow down to avoid future tickets. You were lucky it was only another ticket.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Weissy
Instructor

I live in south east ct and drive 95 every day. I will say that in the last few weeks I have seen a much larger presence on 95 and the hutch. I would assume it is with the summer and all. I don't encourage driving fast and I won't bash it either but as you know that stretch of road is being watched a lot more carefully now then in years past, so take it easy.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:41 PM
wmdbuster
4th Gear

About 6 years ago, a cop ticketed me for running through a red light (absolutely untrue) in
Greenwich, CT. I was told by the cop that no points would appear on my NY license, so I sent
a check in. But my insurance went up soon after.

wmdbuster
Old 08-04-2005, 12:47 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Money, I curious about one thing. What type of raday detector are you using? And how has it failed you so often? I have the Passport X50 and its been great.

Jay
Old 08-09-2005, 06:54 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Originally Posted by DJ23
Money, I curious about one thing. What type of raday detector are you using? And how has it failed you so often? I have the Passport X50 and its been great.

Jay
I had a v1 but most of the time I got paced. When I got the last ticket my v1 was gone and it was a radar ticket. On 95 there are a lot of trucks so it's hard not to get false alerts with the unit I had. I heard that there was an upgrade to stop the false alerts with the pop unit I had but haven't tried it so don't know how good it is.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:40 PM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

Guys who say they never speed are full of it , fess up we all get the itch sometimes. 80% of all rennlisters have radar detectors i guess these are installed for the track. Give the guy a brake hes not looking for a father figure
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hazardous or not, everybody's doing at least 75mph on I-95 in that area, you get run over if you don't.

I do computers for several traffic/criminal courts--
there is a violator compact agreement among most states' DMV's, with the exception of MI and WI and couple others.
Unfortunately this means that if ticketed out of state, and if the charge would ordinarily carry points in your home state, then the home state DMV is supposed to record the points.

Originally Posted by Moogle
probably won't affect your license in NY since the two DMV's dont exactly share often.

my license is in CT and ive gotten lots of tickets in NY and they never show up on my record.
Moogle, I wish we all had such luck. I suspect that you benefited from rampant bureaucratic sloth (in this case, a good thing) if your NY tickets weren't picked up on your license, or else your tix occurred before the violator compact took effect a few years ago.

Mbiz, maybe CT is more strict, but in most states you have to rack up 5 or more minor violations within 2 yrs. to have license suspended...if you haven't already paid the ticket, for pretty minimal retainer you could hire a Darien attorney to appear on your behalf & try for reduced charge, preserve CT priv.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Originally Posted by stan523
Hazardous or not, everybody's doing at least 75mph on I-95 in that area, you get run over if you don't.

I do computers for several traffic/criminal courts--
there is a violator compact agreement among most states' DMV's, with the exception of MI and WI and couple others.
Unfortunately this means that if ticketed out of state, and if the charge would ordinarily carry points in your home state, then the home state DMV is supposed to record the points.

Moogle, I wish we all had such luck. I suspect that you benefited from rampant bureaucratic sloth (in this case, a good thing) if your NY tickets weren't picked up on your license, or else your tix occurred before the violator compact took effect a few years ago.

Mbiz, maybe CT is more strict, but in most states you have to rack up 5 or more minor violations within 2 yrs. to have license suspended...if you haven't already paid the ticket, for pretty minimal retainer you could hire a Darien attorney to appear on your behalf & try for reduced charge, preserve CT priv.
I'll call Mickey Sherman, thanks.

Quick Reply: Any CT people here?