Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering with PASM

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Lemur
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

"i called h &R and they said they dont have springs for PASM car and if you look at their website it doesntt mention it. vivid has told me the springs are the same.which is it??? i hate the internet"

Noble GT 3,
I too am interested in upgrading the springs on my 997 S. It would however seem unlikely to me that H&R, being in the business of selling springs, would be telling us that they are not appropriate for cars with PASM if in fact they were. I will trust H&R and await either an acknowledgement of an error or a new product from them.

DAB.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by DAB
"i called h &R and they said they dont have springs for PASM car and if you look at their website it doesntt mention it. vivid has told me the springs are the same.which is it??? i hate the internet"

Noble GT 3,
I too am interested in upgrading the springs on my 997 S. It would however seem unlikely to me that H&R, being in the business of selling springs, would be telling us that they are not appropriate for cars with PASM if in fact they were. I will trust H&R and await either an acknowledgement of an error or a new product from them.

DAB.
Dab,
I suggest you call H&R Germany (They do speak English) and ask them... You will be kicking yourself when H&R USA finally starts selling them and you could have already had the same springs a long time earlier. It is on the H&R website (The German one which is the one that matters) and are sold by FVD and Cargraphic (2 of the largest tuners in the world). We would not make this up
Evan
Old 08-12-2005, 09:46 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Well another day and another 997S with said H&R springs that not only look great but fit perfect and work perfect I'll post pix later...
Old 08-12-2005, 10:28 PM
RDKJ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the typical labor cost to install a set of lowering springs?
Old 08-13-2005, 02:32 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RDKJ
What is the typical labor cost to install a set of lowering springs?
5-6 hours on a coupe and another 45mins-1hour on a convertible.... That's for cars with PASM that have all of the wiring etc.. Non PASM cars are an hour quicker...
Old 03-07-2006, 11:03 PM
mb996
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apologize if this is old info - I am looking at the H&R website here:

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html

If you select 2006/Porsche/911 there is a coil-over kit for $2650 which "disables PASM" P/N 29239-5.

Just curious if anyone has fitted these to a 997S.

Quick Reply: Lowering with PASM