Sponsored by:

iPod Connection

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 09:13 PM
SpeedRacer27
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Connection

Does Porsche provide a connection for an iPod to the 997 audio system?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:10 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

nope

no one does yet
Old 07-11-2005, 12:04 AM
SpeedRacer27
Track Day

BMW has it and so does Mercedes-Benz. Anyone know when we might see it for the 997?
Old 07-11-2005, 07:46 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
DENSION DEBUTS IPOD INTEGRATION TO “MOST” FIBRE OPTIC VEHICLES – AN INDUSTRY FIRST!

Signal Hill, CA., Jan. 6—Visitors to this year’s CES (Jan 6-9 in Las Vegas,NV) and Macworld Expo (Jan 11-14 in San Francisco, CA) events will see Dension Audio Systems’ innovative integration of the Apple iPod to the “MOST” fibre optic vehicle infotainment platform.

MOST is an industry standard supported by major vehicle manufacturers including Mercedes-Benz / DaimlerChrysler, BMW, Volkswagen/Audi Group and selected vehicles in Ford’s Premier Automotive Group. The standard provides for the connection of vehicle entertainment, information and navigation components by a fibre optic ring. Until now, the addition of third party or aftermarket products to vehicles equipped with this ring has been virtually impossible.

"We noted that the users of products like the Apple iPod have a strong affinity towards advanced technology and product design. This is evident in the range of vehicles which our customers ask us to integrate to. More and more of these vehicles are supporting the MOST standard and we are delighted to be the first company to offer an aftermarket integration solution for this platform.” said Lee Harris, Director, Product Marketing. “We expect to start shipping by Q2 2005 and we will be glad to demonstrate our integration to visitors to our CES Booth #71453 and Apple Expo Booth #807”.

Note to editors: comprehensive background information on the MOST standard and its industry participants can be found at: www.mostcooperation.com

Supported vehicles will include
-Audi 2005 A6 and 2003+ A8 vehicles;
-BMW 5-series (E60), 6-series (E63/E64), and 7-series (E65/E66) cars; -
-Mercedes Benz E-Class (W211), late model S- and CL-Class, the new
SLK-Class (R171) and the mid-model updated 2005 C- and SL-Class;
-Porsche Boxster, Cayenne and 911;
-Volvo XC90

Expected release date is between now and the end of this year.
http://www.densionusa.com/news_press.htm

No affiliation at all, this has been discussed in the Cayenne forum for sometime now.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:23 AM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the info. I think all new Porche vehicles should come standard with the most recent iPod with dock options for previous iPods.

I think I remember seeing on one of the electronic shoes that there is a receiver that had a hard drive and WiFi and when you pulled into the garage it would update to iTunes from your main computer, download any additions/playlist changes/etc to your car stereo. You just needed to have a strong enough signal where you park your car. I don't know if these are actually available or not.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:10 PM
SpeedRacer27
Track Day

Itc,

Thank you for the info. I will check it out. I am surprised Porsche has not decided to make this available in their product line.

Regards,

Quick Reply: iPod Connection