Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLK/BLK 997S Available at Circle Porsche of Long Beach

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005 | 09:55 PM
OCBen
Banned

Default BLK/BLK 997S Available at Circle Porsche of Long Beach

For anyone interested, there is a BLK/BLK 997S Coupe that just came in. It was ordered by one of the owners of the dealership who ordered the Tourist Delivery, went to Germany to visit family, used the car for transportation while there and had it shipped on the next outgoing vessel to the dealership to put it up for sale. Car has 931 miles on it (I verified it).

Here are the options:

Black Full Leather
Black Mats
Heated Front Seats
Adaptive Sport Sts Lthr Int
Porsche Crest in Headrest
Bose High End Sound Package
CD Changer
Self Dimming Mirrors
Sport Chrono
NAV
Sport Shifter
Rims and Caps - Exterior Color (i.e. BLK)
Multifunction Steering Wheel
Rear Center Console Painted Ext. Color (BLK)

Price: $95,660 ... Will discount at least $1000
Ask for Chris, Matt or Michelle (562) 597-3663
Tell them Ben from the Rennlist Forum sent you and they might discount more.
Old 07-07-2005 | 10:40 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

I am sure they stayed under the 4200 rpm break in while in Germany right?????????????

95k for a used S ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2005 | 10:51 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Saw my dealer yesterday, they just bought a 997S, 3,000 miles - said they paid 97K! Hard to believe, but the things are in very short supply in SoCal, and I know management for years and I'm not a buyer, so maybe so.

They have 2 997S black cabs (I think both are tips) and one black 997S coupe (6 spd) which are new and available (not including the used car above); no great deals right now but maybe a small discount; anyone interested PM me and I'll put you in touch with the right guy.
Old 07-08-2005 | 09:21 AM
cloud
AutoX

You can get a 997 S for a lot less with less than 100 miles.See post of 6/29 under 2005 997.
Old 07-08-2005 | 02:03 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

How fast did he get it going over there???
Old 07-08-2005 | 03:10 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

overpriced.
Old 07-08-2005 | 05:23 PM
Banned

Way overpriced for a used car, I might be interested if the price is right.
Old 07-08-2005 | 05:31 PM
cloud
AutoX

Make me offers!
Old 07-08-2005 | 05:40 PM
alin330
Instructor

Originally Posted by sticky
Way overpriced for a used car, I might be interested if the price is right.
It's only a used car when you sell it back to dealer, but when dealer sell it to you it's a new car.
Old 07-08-2005 | 05:47 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by SrfCity
How fast did he get it going over there???
Hmmm, question is a little ambiguous. I'll assume you don't mean to ask how fast was he able to get the car by going over there to pick it up.

But as far as how fast he drove it while he was there in Germany, well, I couldn't tell you that. Only he can. I don't know him, nor have I ever met him, but as an owner he's probably not a young guy out to impress others and probably kept it below the 4200 rpm limit (emphasis on probably) since his intention all along was to sell it as a "new" car, which a dealer can do on a car regarded as a "demo", not having had a previous registered owner.

I'm sure if someone hasn't bought it by now, or if it's still there in the next couple of weeks, they'll be more than willing to deal. But like with anything else for sale, they'll see if there are any takers at their asking price and go from there. It really looks sharp with the black insert wheels - something some young rich kid would want to get his hands on.
Old 07-08-2005 | 08:36 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hmmm, question is a little ambiguous. I'll assume you don't mean to ask how fast was he able to get the car by going over there to pick it up.

But as far as how fast he drove it while he was there in Germany, well, I couldn't tell you that. Only he can. I don't know him, nor have I ever met him, but as an owner he's probably not a young guy out to impress others and probably kept it below the 4200 rpm limit (emphasis on probably) since his intention all along was to sell it as a "new" car, which a dealer can do on a car regarded as a "demo", not having had a previous registered owner.

I'm sure if someone hasn't bought it by now, or if it's still there in the next couple of weeks, they'll be more than willing to deal. But like with anything else for sale, they'll see if there are any takers at their asking price and go from there. It really looks sharp with the black insert wheels - something some young rich kid would want to get his hands on.
It was a little tongue in cheek. I mean I would pretty much laugh at some dealer who had a car over on the Autobahn for a joy ride(for free) and trying to sell it for a $1K off sticker. I bought my car there and the dealer is pretty good but I'd sure pass on that offer.
Old 07-08-2005 | 08:39 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

OCBen: I haven't gone to Circle in a couple weeks. But do they still have the highly optioned blue 996 Targa there? It has been in their showroom for over 2 months now.
Old 07-09-2005 | 02:27 AM
OCBen
Banned

Fast40th: Come to think of it, I'm not sure if it's still there. It had wood grain interior, right? Yeah, I remember it being there for a while. I think they finally sold it. Don't believe it's there any longer.

For everyone else: The car was sold this morning for $97,500! I know I wouldn't have paid that much for it, and neither would any informed rennlist member here for that matter. From what I hear, some Aussie from LA bought it. I stopped by the dealership on my way home expecting to see it there and it was gone just like that! Just goes to show how high the demand is in So. Cal and how limited the supply. Basic economics at work.

By the way, the owner who had taken delivery of it is around 72 or so. Don't know how much of a joy ride he would have taken on the Autobahn with it. All I know is that I hope if I ever reach the age of 72 I won't lose the thrill of speed.
Old 07-09-2005 | 08:05 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Fast40th: Come to think of it, I'm not sure if it's still there. It had wood grain interior, right? Yeah, I remember it being there for a while. I think they finally sold it. Don't believe it's there any longer.

For everyone else: The car was sold this morning for $97,500! I know I wouldn't have paid that much for it, and neither would any informed rennlist member here for that matter. From what I hear, some Aussie from LA bought it. I stopped by the dealership on my way home expecting to see it there and it was gone just like that! Just goes to show how high the demand is in So. Cal and how limited the supply. Basic economics at work.

By the way, the owner who had taken delivery of it is around 72 or so. Don't know how much of a joy ride he would have taken on the Autobahn with it. All I know is that I hope if I ever reach the age of 72 I won't lose the thrill of speed.
Yea, it's good to know that they will sell that quick. I think the daughter of that guy lives in NB. One day she came up to me, introduced herself and asked how I liked the 997S and she mentioned that her family owned Circle. I'll ask her about her Dad's trip next time. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: BLK/BLK 997S Available at Circle Porsche of Long Beach