Sponsored by:

My 997S Cab to arrive this Fri

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 09:57 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Mine got in my dealer's today. I pick it up tomorrow!

That's sweet!!!! Enjoy your weekend!

I won't have mine home until early next week. Guess I'll have to endure the hot weather this weekend on the water, boating........ I'd much rather be "top down" on the road...

you won!!
Old 06-24-2005, 10:36 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Gunner ... it's not in my garage yet, but pretty damn close, so don't pay off that bet just yet. But if not today, then tomorrow for sure.

Gee, your car arrived at your dealership on Wednesday and you won't have it until "early next week"? ... Bummer. Why are they taking so long to get it ready for you, a big backlog? Well, it really won't be long now. Hey, enjoy your weekend too. Sounds relaxing being out on a boat, stress free, unless you're still stressing about your choice of wheels. Mine has the classics, which to me look a lot better than the "crab" or "lobster" wheels, not that I'm trying to influence your choice.

Cheers!
Old 06-24-2005, 10:55 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

OCBen the dealer emailed me on Wed, that my car was scheduled to arrive there Friday (or Saturday.....dealer-speak). I'm having the Sport Shifter installed as it wasn't part of the original build. I'm still on the fence as to which wheels to get. Will have to wait until I'm up close and personal with my car. I expect it will be in my garage no later than Tuesday.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:26 AM
OCBen
Banned

Oh okay. I misunderstood your original post. At least they're not dragging their feet getting your car ready.

Yesterday I got an email from my sales rep informing me that my car had just finished port inspection, so I stopped by after work to chit chat a bit and was told it depended on the trucking company when the car would come in. That it was possible that it would come in Saturday, but that it would more than likely be early next week. Well, a few hours later she phones me telling me that "this is the phone call you've been waiting for!"
Old 06-24-2005, 01:12 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OCBen
Well, a few hours later she phones me telling me that "this is the phone call you've been waiting for!"
LOL, I feel like an expectant dad carrying my cell phone today waiting on this very same call!!

Enjoy, you lucky dawg!!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:37 PM
pic911
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi 1Gunner, noticed you should be getting your car today tomorrow, great news. i'm expecting mine today tomorrow too so perhaps there onthe same car. My dealer hasn't been able to pinpoint location of truck so maybe your dealerr will know if my car is on the same trruck as your. If your talking to o him ask him if there is a black base witrh sand interior destined for pfaff?

This anticipation is killing me!

By the way dealer salesperson told me that on top of the service mechanic driving the car for say 5-10 km to make sure all was ok , he too would drive the car too insure vehicle was up to snuff.
Should I be upset at this or appreciative?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:09 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Hi pic911, that's great news on your car delivery!!
I will ask re: Pfaff 997s on the carrier
As for who drives your car other than service techs before you take delivery, I'd say that is your call. I specifically stated to my dealer:

"other than what's required for pre-delivery by Mark Motors employees, my car isn't to be driven by anyone"

Whether your rep has any technical abilities beyond salesmanship, is a call only you can make. You could request that you be present when he does drive it..... After all it is your car!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 02:34 PM
OCBen
Banned

My sales rep emailed me first thing this morning letting me know she had brought her camera to work and had taken a photo of my baby in its delivery garments - the plastic shippers wrap - before any prepping had taken place. I'll post this as soon as I get it. Wasn't that thoughtful of her? Guess I'll have to send her flowers for taking good care of me.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:28 PM
pic911
5th Gear

1Gunner, many thx for your assistance. This really is as bad as waiting for a kid! Anyway it sounds like neither of us is going to be driving this weekend but man next eekend is the long weekend and I'm psyched. Your cab will be so nice given the weather we've been having here in TO - hopefully its the same as in our nations cap.

Anyway I ordered my Base with the classic wheels and I think you can't go wrong with them, they are timeless. But I've seen some of the S wheels that have painted centers and they look really distinctive. I guess it allcomes down to how much bling you want to have.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 06-24-2005, 05:10 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

pic911, it's only 31 here today..... only going to 35 tomorrow.... and continuing on through next week in the 28-32 range.... Probably feels much hotter in TO though!
Good luck with your car!!

stay coooool!!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:27 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Congrats.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:04 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Go with the classic wheels. They're easier to clean and look better.

Take care, and good luck.

Jay

Quick Reply: My 997S Cab to arrive this Fri