Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

German Tour

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:09 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Alin. Good, I'll pursue this and if I find out it we indeed can get them in through the backdoor so to speak, well then I'll start a thread with this in mind and see how many guys here are interested in going in on a group purchase. A good starting point is contacting a Rennlist member who happens to live in Germany (or other European country for that matter) and is willing to give a helping hand here. I recall at least one member who happened to live in Germany who posted within the last month or so. Can't remember his name but I will try to search him out and PM him regarding this. Or, if he's reading this he can PM me.

Hear ye! Hear ye! Calling all European Rennlist members willing to help us Yanks saddled by DOT regulations. Please PM me or post on this thread and I will contact you regarding the above posts. Thanks a lot. Much Obliged.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:21 AM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

I might be interested, but is 2cm enough?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:53 PM
CO997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MJones
How was the rest of the trip, hotels, food, etc. The factory tour sounds fantastic, but when you were away from the factory what did you do, what else did they have planned for you? Did you make it to any other cities or to the mountains in Austria or Switzerland??
Old 06-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Speed
Pro

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hi Alin. Good, I'll pursue this and if I find out it we indeed can get them in through the backdoor so to speak, well then I'll start a thread with this in mind and see how many guys here are interested in going in on a group purchase. A good starting point is contacting a Rennlist member who happens to live in Germany (or other European country for that matter) and is willing to give a helping hand here. I recall at least one member who happened to live in Germany who posted within the last month or so. Can't remember his name but I will try to search him out and PM him regarding this. Or, if he's reading this he can PM me.

Hear ye! Hear ye! Calling all European Rennlist members willing to help us Yanks saddled by DOT regulations. Please PM me or post on this thread and I will contact you regarding the above posts. Thanks a lot. Much Obliged.
Would't Gert at Carnewal be a logical source to contact?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:03 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed
Would't Gert at Carnewal be a logical source to contact?
I have already contacted Gert regarding this, but I never got a reply. I just sent another email to his attention at info@carnewal.com. If you have a better address for him please let me know.
Originally Posted by merbesfield
I might be interested, but is 2cm enough?
Well, 2cm is obviously 20mm, and that's the amount the sport suspension option (which we apparently can't get in the US) lowers the car. On a car with PASM, such as the S, the ride height is already lower by 10mm. With these stock Euro springs then, the ride height is lowered by a total of 30mm or 1.2 inches compared to a non-PASM car, and the ride is not stiffened as a result ... presumably.

The H&R springs not only lower the car, they also stiffen the ride, which is something I'm not interested in, hence my interest in getting the stock Euro springs.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

OC ben...old post here but did you ever find out how to get the Euro springs for our American spec cars?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:50 PM
micgreeny
Instructor

oc ben,,, I have family that live in Germany, but I think it would cost a lot to ship? let me know if I can help.----------mike
Old 09-04-2006, 11:38 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

Mjones, I just applied for information and they quoted me over $4k for the trip, w/o airfare and no mention of rented Porsches. What did I do wrong? I used your link. Also, I plan to go to Austria and Germany in the next two weeks. I'll see how many springs they'll sell me. There will be a 50% premium for all the springs I can fit into my bags.

Quick Reply: German Tour