Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To whoever it was who request h-ires logo (+img & link)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 01:01 AM
stigt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To whoever it was who request h-ires logo (+img & link)

A while back when I posted a pic of my new 997 someone sent me an email asking if I could send them a high resolution picture of our hood badge. Well, I don't really have the right studio lighting for it, but I gave it a try anyway with a single flash and reflector panel. They didn't specify whether they wanted horizontal for a screen-saver or vertical, but I assumed they wouldn't need high-res for a screen-saver. So here's my vertical high-res attempt with a 12 megapixel camera:

997-badge.jpg

and here's a reduced version of that file:

Let me know what you think...

stig
www.stigphoto.com
Old 06-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Red Blur
Intermediate

Nicely done. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:00 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, Stig. I didn't know you were that talented a photographer. The wife and I have been enjoying your galleries of stunning photographs after I told her to come take a "look-see". Each time one of them loads she goes "wow!" and I concur. Thanks for providing that link. Your work rivals some of the best photos I've ever seen in National Geographic. You definitely have a talent there. Guess I should have had a clue when I asked you before if you had taken your avatar pic with a Nikon D70 since the signature of the file was similar to my camera, and you told me you had an older Nikon, the D100 remember? And the biggest clue of course was from the photos you posted. I think you're right, as an avocation it's perhaps more satisfying to you than if you had to do it for a living. Are you still in the sofware development business?

Thanks again for sharing your work with us. I'm gonna let a buddy of mine who's also an amateur photographer take a look at your galleries.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:15 PM
stigt
Advanced

Originally Posted by OCBen
Wow, Stig. I didn't know you were that talented a photographer. The wife and I have been enjoying your galleries of stunning photographs after I told her to come take a "look-see". Each time one of them loads she goes "wow!" and I concur. Thanks for providing that link. Your work rivals some of the best photos I've ever seen in National Geographic. You definitely have a talent there. Guess I should have had a clue when I asked you before if you had taken your avatar pic with a Nikon D70 since the signature of the file was similar to my camera, and you told me you had an older Nikon, the D100 remember? And the biggest clue of course was from the photos you posted. I think you're right, as an avocation it's perhaps more satisfying to you than if you had to do it for a living. Are you still in the sofware development business?

Thanks again for sharing your work with us. I'm gonna let a buddy of mine who's also an amateur photographer take a look at your galleries.
Hey OCBen,

Thanks for the encouragement on the website & pictures. That should get me motivated to update/upload my latest pictures from Fiji and Tonga. Yes, my real job is developing high performance software for next generation Internet routers. Interesting/challenging work, but it comes with the craziness of Silicon Valley. At times I think I'd prefer to do the travel photography thing full time, but then I probably couldn't afford to drive a new 911.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:21 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stigt
... At times I think I'd prefer to do the travel photography thing full time, but then I probably couldn't afford to drive a new 911.
I hear ya. The buddy I mentioned (who by the way has bookmarked your website) quit aerospace engineering to pursue photography (his passion) and spent a year in Europe honing his skills and trying to make a living out of it once he got back to the States. Though he is quite talented and very artistic with a flair for perfection he abandoned photography as a profession, and went back to being a rocket scientist, which will always pay the bills even though it gets awful dry at times and is seldom as uplifting as trying to capture the beauty of nature in an instant and preserve it for all of eternity. He's married now with a kid and another on the way, and can't really spend as much on gear as he used to. He's jealous of my D70 and of the 911 I'll soon be driving. But I know which side my bread is buttered on. Photography and all other pursuits will have to be done as an avocation and purely for the pleasure.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:54 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Stig - WOW, that's incredible!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:43 PM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the incredible photo stig! I can't wait to test out my Epson 2200 with 11 x 14 borderless print (had it for 2 years now and never printed anything over 8.5 x 11. Didn't need the wide format I guess after all. The only way I can shoot something decent in that size with my older Nikon D100 is when I use RAW format and Adobe's full version with the RAW plugin. Having a hell of a time with colors even after doing for 3 years as a hobby (mostly hit and miss). Time to get a color calibrating device or a different printer? Thanks again, super detail! Much appreciated.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:05 PM
sportscarfanatic
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which software are you using on your web site to display these photos?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:11 PM
CO997
Racer

Stig - Great website. Those pics are fantastic, the color is unbelieveable. Only question is, where is the Porsche photo album? Did I miss it somewhere?
Old 06-22-2005, 05:24 PM
stigt
Advanced

Originally Posted by sportscarfanatic
Which software are you using on your web site to display these photos?
The gallery software is a beta version of Exhibit Engine . It's a little more complicated to setup and more full featured that what I need, but I think the pages it generates are very nice. It's shareware, but I found the author to be very good about supporting it.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:47 PM
vtach88
Advanced

Yes.... more Porsche pics - especially with NCal scenery. I'm a Bay area waiter - only "got vin".....
Old 06-22-2005, 06:06 PM
stigt
Advanced

Originally Posted by FL997
Stig - Great website. Those pics are fantastic, the color is unbelieveable.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by FL997
Only question is, where is the Porsche photo album? Did I miss it somewhere?
No you didn't miss the Porsche album, I just haven't had the time to add it yet. The pictures I posted on this forum are actually on the website, just not linked into any album yet. Soon...
Old 06-22-2005, 06:37 PM
stigt
Advanced

Originally Posted by vtach88
Yes.... more Porsche pics - especially with NCal scenery. I'm a Bay area waiter - only "got vin".....
I do have several NorCal shots at this link <click here> but none of those include the Porsche. I did post 2 different Porsche with NorCal scenery shots on this thread. Trying to get a Porsche album added soon.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 553 Posts

What Nikons do you use? When you said the picture was a 12 meg shot I was thinking you have a D2X. Is that true?

Marv

Quick Reply: To whoever it was who request h-ires logo (+img & link)