Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bored...feel like complaining about seat belt alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Michael1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Back seats??.... we have back seats, too????
A lot of people miss those. They really should ship the cars with the seat backs UP!
Old 06-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
Wear earplugs for those short jaunts.
Yeah, but he'll still wake up the neighbors.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:17 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

dnp_now, I can't recall how much they went for but I did order them from the dealer. Both front and back seatbelts were replaced.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:20 PM
dnp_now
Instructor

I have a 997s basalt black with black interior. I was thinking of getting red seatbelts to "accentuate" my red calipers. My gf says no, and to keep it "simple" what do you all think? Red seatbelts screams too much "bling bling"?
Old 06-19-2005, 07:28 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by dnp_now
I have a 997s basalt black with black interior. I was thinking of getting red seatbelts to "accentuate" my red calipers. My gf says no, and to keep it "simple" what do you all think? Red seatbelts screams too much "bling bling"?
There's the gear-laden, all business, barebones race car "aesthetic."

There's the refined, dignified, aristocratic, GT Porsche aesthetic.

You can pick and choose and mix and match elements from each aesthetic when you configure a 997/S.

Fine to do anything you want, nobody cares, and matter of fact there'll always be guys at car events who love what you did.

So, red belts? Definite "race car" look. Maybe you should have alot of those elements in your car to make sense (i.e. carbon package, fire extinguisher, RED instrument faces, other "functional" gear). Red belts alone might make people wonder what went wrong; factory mixup? I dunno. Everybody says you can't make a mistake: get what you want!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

rss997: Good post. Despite the "seatbelt police" responses, it is a legitimate question. The issue isn't whether to wear the belt, but rather, whether to put up with the damn noise when it isn't connected. It would bother me less if it were not so rapid sounding and so loud. Seatbelt warning noise and brake dust are the two pains in the butt that beg a solution. (Yeah, I know - ceramic brakes.)
Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Speed
Pro

When I picked up my 997 S from the dealer two weeks ago I told the tech guy who was preparing my car I'd take care of him if he could disable the chime. He tried, but he couldn't. The only way to do it resulted in the air bag light coming on when the car went over 5 mph and he said the dealership couldn't let the car leave the lot in that condition. When I'm running errands, I just attach the seat belt before I get in the seat; it has no effect on comfort. Or, if you're willing to spend about $200, you can order a seat belt from the dealer, cut off the buckle and just put it in the spring clip.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:51 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Speed, thats what i am going to do, just keep an extra belt clip so i can click it in....Next time I'm at the dealer I wonder if they will even notice that it is not blarring in their ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 08:54 AM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as the sound goes, I have a Toyota truck that had a loud irritating noise, I located the source and taped over the opening and it almost completly silenced it. Give it a try. I just used clear shipping tape.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:17 AM
MIKESCG
Intermediate

just fyi, any male seatbelt insert from a 2001-2005 porsche, audi, VW, mercedes, can be inserted into the female porsche seatbelt receptacle and will stop the seat belt chime and not set off the airbag light,

go to your local junk yard and you should be able to pick one up for roughly $25, easy fix.

Quick Reply: Just bored...feel like complaining about seat belt alarm.