Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Would You Recommend Re: PSE Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 09:12 PM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Merbesfield, thats a very subjective question that no one but yourself can answer and now that many of us are installing the PSE, I would definitly listen to one (in person) and then deciede. Carlos in Spain did a super job on the sound clip he posted several weeks back (that did it for me) but I must tell you that listening to it "live" is the only way to really get a feel for its true worth in your eyes. I had mine installed last week (no switches) so its ON all the time and to me its worth it. I can see that some folks might think its a bit too loud so test it with your ears first in person before shelling out the $$$. If I do deciede to install any switches (currently backordered) its got to be "on" all the time or "off" all the time like on the 996. If thats not possible then I'll likely leave it alone.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:27 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 275 Posts

Does the PSE install, including the switch for the center console in a 997 without Sport Chrono require or entail removal of the rear center console?

YoungTurk
Old 06-25-2005, 11:12 AM
DD694
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installation Instruction states for cars without Sport Chrono:
"6.1.1 Remove center console cover right/left and air conditioning control
6.1.2 Remove shift-lever **** with shift lever boot and front center console cover
6.1.3 Loosen complete center console, but do not remove!"

"9.7.1 Install light switch, trim panel under dashboard on driver's side, fuse box, and left entrance lining
9.7.2 New switch panel (in Workshop Manual: "switch console"), install with/without PASM in area of center console, depending upon vehicle equipment
9.7.3 Install shelf and tighten center console
9.7.4 Install center console and shift-lever **** with shift lever boot
9.7.5 Install air conditioning control and footwell outlet vent on right/left"
Old 06-26-2005, 02:15 AM
ryssyr
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got my PSE this past friday. its wired to the sport button while the exhaust icon switch is on backorder. I have to say it sounds fantastic. The new pipes looks better than the standard exhaust with larger outer diameter pipes over smaller inside. When off the outer pipes have all of the airflow and are not so loud, but when on the inner pipes start spitting fumes and the sound really picks up.

I'd say it is worth every penny and that sound is incredible. get it.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:35 AM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I ordered the PSE and the SS, what the heck, you only live once. I can't wait. Now if I can just endure the buyers remorse throughout the duration while I wait for my car to be delivered.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:17 PM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Merbesfield, having both options installed + Nav after taking delivery I can tell you that you will not regret it. Not installing the switch for PSE will save you $85.00 for the switch and several hours of labor ($150.00 per hour at my dealer). Just have them slap it on and forget the switch = always on and very livable even at cruising speeds for long periods. Now it would be nice if an OEM powerkit upgade would be available for those of us that already purchased our cars for an extra 30HP)? That, and one more thing............being able to purchase 93 octane gas here in California...the 91 stuff available barely cuts it. Wishfull thinking I know.

Quick Reply: What Would You Recommend Re: PSE Install