Sponsored by:

Rejex.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Brian E
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rejex.

I had a chance to try Rejex this weekend. I thought I would post my experience with the product.
I want to preface this by saying I have been using Zaino and only Zaino for the past few years, so this is what I will be basing my comparison against.
The outside temperature was about 70 degrees and the humidity was relatively low, about 53%.
The Rejex is very easy to apply. I really like the fact that is a single stage product, unlike Zaino that requires multiple coats of each stage. I probably used more than I needed to, but still only ended up using a couple ounces to do the whole car.
It took about 5 minutes to haze. Then I removed it with a white Cannon 100% cotton towel. It was very easy to remove.
I did the entire car (the Viper, because the Porsche already had a fresh coat of Zaino) in about 45 minutes. I cant remember the last time I polished a car this quick. Let alone a black car.
The shine is impressive. Considering I did the car in less than an hour, and can see virtually no difference in the quality of the shine compared to the Zaino, I think I have been converted.
One other factor to consider is cost. The cost of the Z1,Z2,Z5 and Z7 will run upwards of $75.00. The Rejex is $17.95 from Barry at X Auto products. ( A Rennlist Sponsor)
Thanks for letting me ramble.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:29 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What really sets Rejex apart is when you get splattered with bugs....
The juice just washes off

Not so true with other wax products
Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 10 Posts

Be sure to apply it to the windshield and to the insides of your rims.

I have been using Rejex on my 02 996 Cab for almost 3 years now, and am very pleased with it. Coating the windshield will make a very noticeable reduction in bug splats, and on the insides (and outsides) of the rims will make a very noticeable reduction in brake dust that sticks to the wheels.

With Rejex, all I have to do to clean my car is use a wet (water or spray detailer) and a drying cotton towel to take the dirt and dust off. Stuff does not stick to the surface with Rejex, at most the dust that is held is done so by electrostatic charge. There is not an issue with microscratches using this method as long as the towel is wet, turned, and rinsed out often.

A key technique to optimizing the life and surface of Rejex is to only apply it with surface temps less than 85 degrees F, and letting the surface cure in that temp and out of direct sunlight for 12 hours. This gives the polymers a chance to properly cure.

If you do this, you will only need to reapply it every 6-7 months.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

If you click on the Cayenne Forum, one of "Admin" posts is the forum discount offer from X Auto Products,...plus some extra info on Rejex.
I guess I should just try it myself!
Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Not to ditz Rejex, but I can put a coat of Zaino Z2 on my car in under ten minutes (I use a Porter Cable) and use a micro-fiber towel to remove it (another 5 minutes?) The Z1 is only for the 1st time application, the other Z(?) are really not required from what I have seen.. I have all the Zaino products but only use Z1, Z2, and their leather stuff. I love what it does to the paint.

Just my $.02
Old 05-25-2005, 01:37 AM
VikDiddy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I am a novice when it comes to polishing and waxing. What was your process for applying the rejex? I get confused between polish and wax. Did you use the Rejex to polish the car as well as wax it? Thanks.

-Vik
Old 05-25-2005, 02:17 AM
JimStrott
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
(I use a Porter Cable)
What's a Porter Cable?

-Jim
Old 05-25-2005, 07:54 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JimStrott
What's a Porter Cable?

-Jim
Jim - The Porter Cable he referred to is probably the Dual-Action Polisher from Porter Cable #7424. I have just recently done some research on it and am probably going to buy one. Most of the larger "car care" sites sell them (autopia, autogeeks.net, etc) as well as regular "tool" sites. Just do a search on Porter Cable 7424 on your web browser and you'll get a lot of hits. Best price I have seen is $109.99. FYI
Old 05-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Brian E
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Not to ditz Rejex, but I can put a coat of Zaino Z2 on my car in under ten minutes (I use a Porter Cable) and use a micro-fiber towel to remove it (another 5 minutes?) The Z1 is only for the 1st time application, the other Z(?) are really not required from what I have seen.. I have all the Zaino products but only use Z1, Z2, and their leather stuff. I love what it does to the paint.

Just my $.02
Hi Gary, I am **** when it comes to the Zaino. I agree, Z1 is the first step for a car that has been washed with Dawn dishwashing liquid and stripped of all waxes. I would then use the Z5 to remove any swirl marks, then on to the Z2 and finally finish with the Z7 detailing spray.
I had a chance to speak with Sal a couple years ago and he recomended not using any orbital buffers to apply or remove Zaino. He also told me to apply it with a front to back motion, not a circular motion and then remove it the same way.
I applied and removed the Rejex the same way.

Is it ok to apply the Rejex to a highly polished aluminum wheel that has NO clear coat?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:31 AM
baboou
Instructor

Funny, I was just about ready to write my Rejex report when you posted yours. I have been a Zaino user too and thought about giving Rejex a try. I wanted a product that bugs would be easy to remove since we're in "Love Bug" season and they can really damage your paint.

I have also tried NXT, another popular product - and I believe all three are basically polemer polishers rather than wax.

For me depth of shine was not an issue since I have artic silver paint and have found with this color, one product gives as good a shine as the others.

For me the Rejex pluses were getting the bugs off, ease of application and no noticable residue on trim pieces. The big minus for me was removing the Rejex after application. I found that it clumped up and the clumps were difficult to remove.

Zaino on the other hand comes off real easy and like Gary, I found that after the first application, it is the quickest of all the products. Also, no residue on the trim pieces.

NXT, good stuff but leaves a residue on trim pieces and is a bitch to get off of them once dried. Really one of my pet pieves.

Sorry for the length of post.

Have a great Porsche day
Old 05-25-2005, 11:29 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Zaino on my 997 and tried NXT on the 993. Had to porter cable the 993 with polish and cleaner first but the NXT sure gives a great shine. The Zaino was on a new 997 so I don't know if it really made it shinier but I love the fact that it feels like its teflon coated.

I use Rejex on my wife's car, its the guinea pig, if it lasts I'll start using it on the 993.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:19 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
...I use Rejex on my wife's car, its the guinea pig, if it lasts I'll start using it on the 993.
That's funny...using the wife's car as the guinea pig. ... Gee honey, I'm really sorry...I didn't know this stuff would peel the paint off! ... What is HCL anyway?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Jim - The Porter Cable he referred to is probably the Dual-Action Polisher from Porter Cable #7424. I have just recently done some research on it and am probably going to buy one. Most of the larger "car care" sites sell them (autopia, autogeeks.net, etc) as well as regular "tool" sites. Just do a search on Porter Cable 7424 on your web browser and you'll get a lot of hits. Best price I have seen is $109.99. FYI
Thats correct. I paid $119 for mine but it included a 6" pad, counterweight, and a quick-change buffer adapter for the sheepskin pads (Bought a case and a bunch of 6" pads too while I was there). I found that a good microfiber pad works better for removal than the P/C. I also read where Sal@Zaino states how he would like to see it applied, but after doing many different cars (Audi TT-Black, BMW 33Ci-Red, PT Cruiser-Black, Toyata RAV4-Bule metallic, 997S-Red, 964-Black) I have found that the P/C applies it much more evenly than I can, leaves no marks, uses the least amount of Z2, and does it a LOT faster with less effort.

Teflon.. thats a good description of how the paint feels afterwards! Good one Texas!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:24 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Brian E

thanks for the post.
and, to answer your question,
yes, you can apply RejeX on an uncoated highly polished aluminum wheel. it will make it very shiney and cause brake dust to not stick so badly.

i'll be happy to address any questions or comments about getting the most out of an application of RejeX.

thanks all,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com

Quick Reply: Rejex.