Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:35 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
My normal trip computer said the commute took 12 minutes, but with the sport chrono, I was a bit faster at 11 minutes, 59.77 seconds.
LOL!

If a cop stops you and is threatening a speeding ticket just tell him you were trying to improve your commute time with the Sport Chrono Option and he will probably let you go.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
You guys holding off on a 997 purchase because of a little thing like the Chrono? Myopic? Stand back and look at the bigger picture.
For me it is accumulative. The "wart" is just another thing that distracts me from the car (997) and keeps my current ride, my current ride (993).

Hopefully, this Saturday I will get a test drive under my belt and perhaps dispel some of the nagging issues. Classic approach/avoidance.

Marv
Old 05-13-2005, 06:12 PM
AutoX

Speaking to an engineer at the dealer and he told me that he could enable much of the sport chrono funtionality on my non sport chrono car through the CAN bus interface.

I asked him if I could persuade him to make the change and told me it would need to be authorised by Porsche GB. I took that as meaning no.

However, if he is not pulling my chain, then I'm sure someone will come up with a way of doing it in the future.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:35 PM
tahoeblue
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

So we are getting close to having the "sport" without the "wart"!
Old 05-14-2005, 01:38 AM
MMD
Banned

Default Sport Chrono is Driving Me Crazy FAST!

Originally Posted by tahoeblue
So we are getting close to having the "sport" without the "wart"!
I'm going nuts with this one. I told already everybody I won't get SC because of the wart. Just for the hell of it, today I kept my M3 sport button on all day just to see. I usually NEVER even touch it. Well, after a "spirited" day of driving I finally turned it off the car seemed sluggish as hell!!! Dang button!

Now it looks like I better call up the dealer and change the order and get the damn Sport Chrono on my S!

Back to my original insane plan: find out how that stopwatch and trim pops out of the dash and unplug it and store it somewhere.

Get a decent looking small speaker grille and cover the hole it leaves behind!

Old 05-14-2005, 03:07 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Maybe when you drive it in the sport mode, you won't have time to look at it..and believe me you'll want it on resale!

Gee, it looks better already!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:06 PM
PV
Pro

I understand your feelings. Just add the package and see how things progress later on. If you don't add it now, it will be very difficult to get it later.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:02 AM
PV
Pro

Looking at the Chrono clock from a distance: did you notice that the shape looks like one headlight of a 993?
Old 05-15-2005, 11:05 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
...Now it looks like I better call up the dealer and change the order and get the damn Sport Chrono on my S!
Back to my original insane plan: find out how that stopwatch and trim pops out of the dash and unplug it and store it somewhere.
Get a decent looking small speaker grille and cover the hole it leaves behind!....
WHAT!!! You've surrendered to the dark side that easily???

Your original insane plan is just as you named it -- INSANE! I think it would be a major mistake to surgically remove the wart and make an attempt to hide the scar. No amount of cosmetic cover up will hide the scar left behind, short of replacing the entiring dash (now that's one you probably haven't thought of). If you're gonna get SC .... embrace the wart. Otherwise, don't go insane on us. I'm sure I'm not alone in this opinion. And I hope you're just being a little facetious with that insane idea of yours.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:13 PM
bluelines
Intermediate

If money is no issue I am sure you can order Sport Chrono with a new dash without the wart - Porsche Exclusive option

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono