Sponsored by:

Post Delivery Sales Surveys ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Post Delivery Sales Surveys ??

After delivery of a Porsche in the US, Does Porsche have the customer fill out any customer satisfaction Surveys? What about survey's like JD Power?
What (if any) kind of weight does Porsche put on these surveys regarding customer satisfaction about the dealer, the car, and the sales person?

How would an negative customer survey affect the dealership, salesman, etc?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Felcher997s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jd Power called me @ home about 10 days after I bought my Pcar for a 4 minute survey about the dealer and my Porsche buying expierence. I am not sure about how a negative customer survey affects the dealer or the salesman for that matter. I had a excellent sales person and everything was cool as to the purchase, even if it was a lousy sales person or crummy dealer I would be inclined not to drop some negative survey on him as you know, sales people are human too and the next time you car comes in for service he or she might do something like what happened to a friend of mine who gave a bad report card to his sales person at a Mercedes dealer in Dallas, when he dropped the car off for a service, someone at the dealership keyed his car and left some human excrement in his trunk which he discovered a few days after getting the car back from the dealers paint shop. The dealer confessed that the sales person laid the dump in the trunk and they re-painted the scratched area of his car. Lesson: Don't crap on your sales person or he may just crap on your car!

Paul
Old 03-28-2005, 12:27 AM
PV
Pro

I agree with your Porsche sales guy, he did a good job for me too.

However, I had a pretty bad experience a few weeks later at an other dealer (not Porsche). It was not the sales person himself, but his manager. Was not realy human what he did, so do you let that go just like that???
Old 03-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Felcher997s
Intermediate

PV- I would let the guy have it, but never bring my car back there for service or wait until he is gone from the dealer and then go back. You have my interest now, what was not really human that this jerk did?

Paul (H'Town)
Old 03-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Curt911
Pro

Poopy in the Booty, that is the best one I have heard so far!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:57 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

I got one in the mail today and the phone call right after as well...2months old now..
Old 03-28-2005, 01:05 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

so, perhaps it's just better to take anything negative up with the sales Manager....
Old 03-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Mark618
Intermediate

It is a good thing your Porsche does not have the cocoa leather interior ! This would hide feces until someone sat in the back seat !

I am second on my dealers list here in Southern CA for the 997 Turbo.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:11 PM
PV
Pro

Acting as real sales guy. Promising a few significant things and accordingly after the sale tells me that he never said it......... I again learned that you need to have everything on paper these days. A mans word doesn't count anymore it seems.

The difficulty is that you like to make sure that the good guy is not trashed thru the survey.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:29 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Got a postcard and did my CSI within 1 week of delivery
Old 03-29-2005, 03:09 PM
DavidH
Intermediate

Having once worked as a sales guide for a high-end manufacturer, I can tell you that what you say about your sales experience directly effects both the sales guide, sales manager and general manager regarding bonus money. Besides a list of scores based on many elements of the sales experience (anything less than excellent as a reply by you, is considered, bad), actual quotes of what you said to the telephone survey person are presented in a booklet (in our dealership), that the entire staff could review. Obviously, with your name, the customer, attached. But to be honest, the bad sales people, got the bad reviews and were soon gone.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:56 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Porsche also follows up frequently with a post-service questionnaire. I've known the sales and service management at my dealer for years, and I do know that anything negative (less than perfect) gets back to them really quick, and that they live somewhat in fear of negative feedback through PCNA. I have also received many post-sales questionaires (J.D. Powers and comparable firms), actually surprising that there may have been a half dozen or more with the Cayenne S, maybe fewer with the 997S.

Quick Reply: Post Delivery Sales Surveys ??