Sponsored by:

What would it take to keep you in this Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 04:09 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

What none of us know is what were the problems and have they truly been resolved. I think that's what you have to decide. If you feel the car is finally right, then getting some significant compensation for all the hassle and keeping it might be a fine choice. I got my 997S on launch day (8/28/04) and have put 6,000 happy miles on it with no problems (except the latch on the rear hatch won't open and has to be fixed). OTOH, if you have had constant somewhat unrelated problems, then I guess there is such a thing as a true lemon and maybe its best to get rid of it. I think there are a lot of happy owners out there and if you can cut a sweet deal for a new replacement, I would go for it. Good luck!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:37 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are trying to keep you in it because they know it is a lemon, and it will cause them problems just as it will cause YOU problems. They would rather have you in it and take responsibility for handling the troubles than try to sell a lemon law buyback - they will lose big on it.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:31 PM
jboyko
Intermediate

Funny enough, the lady representing Porsche called today, and I told her that I would not accept their offer of $10,000 to keep the car. But, I would accept a brand new exact car for the remainder of the lease (24 months) and that the car be delivered and serviced with all loaner car benefits ect..., from another dealer.

Maybe it's not the best deal or the smartest one, but it's the only deal that I will accept. I guess I'll see what happens between now, and the 11th of April

Thanks for the help guys.

John
Old 03-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Brian E
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi John.
Sorry to hear of your problems with the 997 S.
Can you give me an idea of what problems you have experienced? Has it been a single problem that has kept it out of service? (send me a PM)
If PCNA buys the car back, I believe you will have to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Last edited by Brian E; 03-23-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to keep the details of the problems and the settlement off this and any other forum until you have concluded all your dealing with PCNA...

Virtual walls have ears...
Old 03-23-2005, 07:12 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jboyko
Funny enough, the lady representing Porsche called today, and I told her that I would not accept their offer of $10,000 to keep the car. But, I would accept a brand new exact car for the remainder of the lease (24 months) and that the car be delivered and serviced with all loaner car benefits ect..., from another dealer.

Maybe it's not the best deal or the smartest one, but it's the only deal that I will accept. I guess I'll see what happens between now, and the 11th of April

Thanks for the help guys.

John
if you want a 997S, i would take the $10k (several months worth of lease payments). if you are tired of dealing with such a crappy product with service to match, then i'd lemon it.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:22 PM
jboyko
Intermediate

Well Chef, I thought about not disclosing any info about a deal from PCNA. But, since I have been posting my problems on the Rennlist, Flat-6, and Rennteam - 997 forums as honestly as I could recall, without some of the unexpressed anger that I was feeling, I figured, why shouldn't I keep telling the story of this car and company, until an agreement of non-disclosure has been set.

The only three things that I haven't posted about were the March 15th e-mail (thanks again **** for the e-mail address) that I sent to Peter Schwarzenbauer, the out of the blue call from the resolution lady on the 16th with an offer, and the status of my car when I picked it up at the dealer on the 17th. The order of which I feel was humorous, surprising and then frustrating.

So, if the virtual walls do have ears, then maybe they should listen a little. Porsche shouldn't have let this come, to where it is today.

cheers

jb
Old 03-23-2005, 08:22 PM
PV
Pro

I can agree with the statement made by Le Chef, but from reading through the lines from you, I see that you tried hard and am trying to get feedback from your buddy Porsche drivers. Appreciate that.

Like others, I'm not sure what the issue is with the car. Is it something very fundamental or is something which is just an inconvenience (which needs a fix too by the way)? If that lady is calling you with an offer, it seems that it is a fundamental issue.

I need to know more to give my final verdict, but it looks like you need to try to get another Porsche and let them make a good offer, soon.

For the lady who is reading this thread with us: one satisfied customer is worth more money than you think, and act fast with this in mind!!!!.

Keep us posted.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:06 PM
wahoo
Track Day

i'm not a Porsche owner but had a my '00 328i in the shop some 60+ days out of the first 8mos for re-occuring problems. It got resolved and my trusty 3 has been good to me so far. My advice is thus....squeeze them for a new ride. In my opinion, you're frustration can't be accounted for by keeping the car. Just my .02. I"m doing as much research as possible on the 987 before jumping in. We bought a Touareg V8 and you don' even want to know how bad VW is with cust. serv. All the best...I'll be reading with anxiious eyes.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:21 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
One of my previous cars was a Lincoln LS, the 1st yr they made them, initially ran very nice, then developed the nasty little habit of a complete electrical shutdown on the freeway at night. Quite a feeling to be going 70mph at night to suddenly find yourself in pitch blackness. That happened three times. Couldn't wait to get out of that lease.
A lemon is a lemon, whether it's a ford or a porsche.
i agree with everyone else here, let that car go.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:06 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it can go 0-60 in 3.89999 sec keep it.

Get a new car and make them deal the value of how much time was lost in your current car.

Quick Reply: What would it take to keep you in this Porsche