Road Trip Begins!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 08:19 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Road Trip Begins!!

Making my way across the US from Los Angeles to Birmingham, to attend yet another PDE Masters.
Left LA this AM and now I'am in Gallup NM.. Covered 655mi today with a drive time of 9hrs... Drizzle and rain for 85% of the days drive and even snow showers thru Williams, AZ and temps at freezing... and running summer PS2's in the 80's am I nuts?
The 997 is a more comfortable car on the long haul than the 996, not saying that the 996 was bad.. steering is much improved on the 997, lighter but no loss of feel.
The 997 does not tend to get light at tripple diget speeds as the 996 did.. It just feels better at the higher speeds!
One time Milestone pic in the cold and rain
Old 03-19-2005, 10:32 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate you!!!!

Keep us posted on your travels. Have a safe trip and kick some *** at PDE!!!

Robert
Old 03-19-2005, 10:46 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mjones - Did you purposely wait for your odometer to hit "997" before taking that picture or was that a freakingly good coincidence?

Oh, wait... I see... that was the milestone! Sorry, don't mind me....
Old 03-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Felcher997s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mjones-While you are heading East on I-40 you should save your appetite for The Big Texan Steak House in Amarillo, Texas on I-40 I think it is exit 75. Lunch or dinner it is a pretty damn good cheap steak, weird atmosphere, fun place to stop, and if you are really hungry, try out the Free 72 Oz steak deal where you pay about $55.00 for the steak,salad,bread, & drink..you get one hour to eat all of it and if you do they give you back your money,oh by the way they put you right in the middle of the restaurant on a platform with a timer where everyone can see you and cheer you on as you gorge yourself on half a cow. Many people do get the free steak but I have yet to see anyone finish it..most of the time they vomit right before the finish up and that is a no no! Two big Texans come to the table and then make you clean up the mess or they kick your *** on the spot..i hope you get the chance to stop there on either trip to or from PDE. Have a blast in Texas, post more info from your trip. Like a nice shot of 155 MPH in Texas. Paul in Houston

Quick Reply: Road Trip Begins!!