Sponsored by:

PCNA experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 10:01 AM
CO997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCNA experience

I've only been a part of Rennlist for a short time, so this statement in no way sums up all of everyone's feelings, but I have read several posts where PAG and PCNA have taken a pretty good beating over some of the things they have done. We all remember Skips unfortunate incident and all the critizing Porsche recieved because of it.
This post however, will be the exact opposite. I bought my 997 at the end of Oct 04 and since then have had to use Porsche roadside assistance twice. Neither issue was major with the car, just enough that I felt better having it towed instead of driving it do the dealer. I'm about 75 miles to the closet dealer. Without making this post WAY too long, both experiences with PRA were completely unacceptable, in fact after the second towing I wanted to go into the dealer and tell everyone what I thought of Porsche and their services. However all I did was mention to my salesman that I was very dissapointed. A couple of months later I was at the dealer picking up a part and the manager came up to say hello so I explained the situation to him. He immediatly went into his office and gave me a name at PCNA and email address. He told me to send this guy an email and he was sure I'd get a response. I have to say I was more then doubtful. A couple of days later I decided to send the email and just see. I sent it when I got home from work around 6:30 and about three hours later I got a response. I guess they work late in Atlanta. Needless to say I was very surprised. The response said it was not his area anymore but he would forward it on to the correct people. I was glad to have gotten a response so quickly but still doubtful I'd hear from anyone else, at least not for quite a while. Again I was proven wrong, the very next day I had a voice mail from the correct person, and she wanted me to call her back at my earliest convenience so we could discuss my situation. I called her the next day and we discussed what happened each time, then she explained by name who was in charge of those areas and that they already had a meeting to discuss the issue and steps were being taken to make sure that it did not happen again. She apologized and told me to call her personally if I ever needed RA again. She was very sincere and said Porsche was 100 % at fault for the situation, Then she said she was going to send me a "correspondence" that she hoped would help me feel better and show me their commitment to improving services and customer relations. Sure enough 3 days later I get a nice letter in the mail with "a donation" that I'll just put towards my next car payment.
This is my first Porsche, I'm not a millionaire, just an average guy. But every step of the way they treated me like I mattered and that they were taking my situation very seriously. If I had any doubts before about PCNA service I sure don't anymore, they were extremely timely and very sincere!
Take this however you want, but I for one am a lot happier sending in that payment each month after this experience.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:43 PM
rnlarctic997
Rennlist Member

After some of the negative stuff about PCNA--it's nice to hear about your situation. Maybe there is some glimmer of hope...
Old 02-23-2005, 01:14 PM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

As I have reported before, I also had a good experience with PCNA and that is the reason I am driving a 997S. They know that everyone out there is not perfect and the mistakes will cost them something but they do not want a problem to cost them a customer. Good people.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:24 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

This is very good news...although I'm sorry you've had to call PRA twice since 10/04...but at least they were responsive towards you...
Old 02-23-2005, 02:29 PM
jboyko
Intermediate

What e-mail did you get? My 997S has been in the shop for a total of 32 days with no end in sight. For a car that is a little over 4 months old, the one month of good will, just ain't that good. The replacement motor has been in the shop so far for 10 days with a RMS, with no date for completion as of yet. PCNA can't even tell me when the rear clip is going to come in, until Tom Drabers gets back from vacation. I am actually relieved that my Lemon paperwork is being filed today. I gave PCNA Two chances to replace the car, with two denials of my request. They didn't even give me a loaner car for these last 10 days. I am thankful that I was able to put my 10 year old Dodge pickup with 160k miles back on the road, so that I would have a RELIABLE vehicle to drive.

FL997, I am glad that it worked out for you. Maybe I'll have some good fortune in the future.

jb
Old 02-23-2005, 03:04 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by jboyko
What e-mail did you get? My 997S has been in the shop for a total of 32 days with no end in sight. For a car that is a little over 4 months old, the one month of good will, just ain't that good. The replacement motor has been in the shop so far for 10 days with a RMS, with no date for completion as of yet. PCNA can't even tell me when the rear clip is going to come in, until Tom Drabers gets back from vacation. I am actually relieved that my Lemon paperwork is being filed today. I gave PCNA Two chances to replace the car, with two denials of my request. They didn't even give me a loaner car for these last 10 days. I am thankful that I was able to put my 10 year old Dodge pickup with 160k miles back on the road, so that I would have a RELIABLE vehicle to drive.

FL997, I am glad that it worked out for you. Maybe I'll have some good fortune in the future.

jb
Sheesh. You have had the WORST luck I have ever heard about with a new 997S. I hope you can get everything worked out with PCNA ASAP and amicably. Just remember, most of us have had pretty good experiences with our 997s (knock on wood...).

Good luck.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Well, i'm about to contact them if my dealer's service manager doesn't do the right thing about them augering two new holes in my back bumper for the licence plate bracket (they MISSED the holes that Porsche grommeted in). Upon showing the dealer the damage he said "you don't see them, they are under the license bracket".. I then pointed to Home Depot up the street and offered to go buy a drill and auger two holes in ALL his 911s in a place "where he wouldn't see them" and asked if that was acceptable to him... he actually got my point (I think).

Here is what I noticed the day after delivery.. won't say who the dealer is...

And after fixing it myself..

Have I mentioned recently how much I dislike every car dealer I have ever bought from and 99% of their (seemingly changed monthly) personnel?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:50 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

This is a great story with a great ending. If Porsche expects to represent a higher echelon of car production then they have to stand by their image of excellence in all respects. It sounds as if one they read our postings, and two let's face it they want us to remain a customer so we can purchase another 911 in the future. Thanks FL997 for the remarks. This is the confidence builder we all needed with this type of purchase.

Jay
April build
997 S Cabriolet
Atlas Grey Metallic
Sports Chrono
Full Leather, black
Old 02-24-2005, 08:31 AM
CO997
Racer

Really sorry to hear of your troubles Gary R. and jboyko. I have to say that my dealer has done everything I have asked, especially the service dept. I shopped just about every dealer in Florida looking for my car and oddly enough got the best deal at the closet dealer to my house. I was just luckey that the whole dealership treats me well even after the sale. I wish I could help you with contacts but my issue with Porsche had to do with their Roadside assistance so that was the dept I spoke with. The issues you two are having seem to be with the dealer and the engine, not an "extra" service they provide. My main contact works directly with customer realtions pertaining to the RA program. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or would like more info.
Gary, I can't believe the guy had the nerve to say "it's under the plate, no one can see it." Unbelievable! I really hope he got your point and they get it fixed.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:05 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Thumbs up

FL997,

I live in the Melbourne area as well. Assume you bought your car in Orlando? I will be in the market for a 997 later this summer. It's comforting to hear that you have been treated as should be expected of a premium marque. I have had a long love affair with the 911 and am finally in a position where I can satisfy my desire. $80-90K is still a lot of money in my book and for that price I do expect more. I have to admit that I have been more than a little concerned about all the RMS issues and Skips experience. I suspect and hope that those kinds of incidents are the exception. Congrats on your new car. Not too many 997's in this area so I'll keep an eye out for you. Nice color choice as well.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:10 AM
CO997
Racer

KBS911,
Yea I did get mine in Orlando. Overall my experience has been really good. The haggling over price was a bit of a challenge but after that everything has been really good. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be anyway??? I don't know if you've talked with anyone at the dealership yet or not. The guy I bought my car from was new to Porsche, and had a lot to learn about the cars, but he was very nice, and best of all said on several occasions that he did not know the answers to my questions but would get me the answer ASAP, and in every case he did. Can't complain too much about that, he was honest the whole way, even after the sale. If you want any info or have any questions PM me. On the RMS issue, since I've spent so much "quality" time at the dealer getting little things reparied I've had the chance to ask many questions, from what they have told me they have not had to fix any RMS issues yet, so hopefully they are the exception.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:28 AM
baboou
Instructor

Hey KBS911, I agree with eveything FL997 said about P of O. I bought by Boxster S from them and was so satified with the relationship I sent a complimentary letter to PCNA. I recently got a 997S and due to a miscommunication with P of O ended up getting it from Reeves in Tampa. Never again will I deal with that outfit.

I never had an RMS issue with my Boxster or the Carrera and even so it really is not that big a deal to repair other than the hassle.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:28 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

baboou,

Thanks for the input. It's nice to know that that we have a good dealer nearby. I'll be looking to purchase in the summer. Heard the 06's may come out late summer so my timing might be just right. Going take the wife on a Mediterranean cruise late spring. Doing all the right things first you know. I did talk here into a detour to Stuttgart and the P Factory after the cruise however. P of O will be the first place I look. Hopefully I can make the deal there. Always think it's better to get your service at the place you bought the car.This is just the kind of info I'd hoped to get by becoming a Rennlist member. Thanks again.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Well, my dealer is just jerking me around now.. I'll be contacting PCNA today or tomorrow, will post what comes of it..
Old 02-28-2005, 10:48 AM
baboou
Instructor

Gary, what's the latest? How are they jerking you around?

Quick Reply: PCNA experience