997 Sport Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997 Sport Exhausts

My dealer just informed me that he'll have my tequipment sport exhaust very soon, lets hope it's not germany showing the wrong availability or a preorder type status on this item. I'm going to hav a short shifter installed at the same time as the exhaust. Does anyone know if it has a wiring harness like the 996 or if it's a direct bolt on with no wires...
Old 02-20-2005, 09:44 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
My dealer just informed me that he'll have my tequipment sport exhaust very soon, lets hope it's not germany showing the wrong availability or a preorder type status on this item. I'm going to hav a short shifter installed at the same time as the exhaust. Does anyone know if it has a wiring harness like the 996 or if it's a direct bolt on with no wires...
Be very cautious taking dealerspeak to heart....
Current word is that availability for production vehicles will be in April, my guess for tequipment availability would be July/August at the earliest.

There is rumored that there is wiring w/ switch connected to Sport button on those vehicles equiped w/sport chrono...and a seperate switch for those without. Also rumored is that there is a 31mph cutout as with the previous version.
Nobody knows for sure how it will be controled since it has not been seen nor heard as of yet.

Quick Reply: 997 Sport Exhausts