Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! I need everyone's opinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 05:30 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an M3 that had a plastic cone fall right on top of its hood on the approach to the GG Bridge in SF. Because an M3's front hood is lightweight aluminum I was amazed to see a baseball size dent when I reached my destination (right where the hood makes the bend going towards the front bumper). Damn, I thought this meant a complete repaint on the hood but was wrong. My BMW dealership regularly had "the Dent Wizard" stop in on a weekly basis and it was amazing! On aluminum too! You could not tell that anything happened after he fixed it (scratches and all) and done with no re-paint. The secret is finding someone who is an expert at it. This INDIVIDUAL came highly recomended. As far as the scratch goes (mine were minor with the exception of the large dent) bring it to a good detail/body shop, you would be surprised at what they can do. I was charged $500.00 and the guy did it in 2 hours (the dealer takes a cut of that so you may find someone cheaper). It was worth every penny and I left the place a happy camper. Make sure that the outfit or the individual comes highly recomended first. Ask him how many years he's been doing this, also ask for references, etc. Good luck if you purchase the car!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:19 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dent wizard is good.

Bout the scratch:

1. A top shop could do a touch up and buff... you will never see it. I do that on my car. Not rocket science.

2. Repaint the whole fender.

Not a valid option IMO is changing a fender... (unless the thing is bolted on , which I doubt) Porsche welds the fenders on the car. Getting a perfect is nigh impossible.

Good luck averting RMS failure.

Quick Reply: Help! I need everyone's opinion