My 997's 1st detailing

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
After Mr. Clean wash, Griot's clay, Klasse AIO (with Porter Cable), 2 coats of Klasse HGSG (with Porter Cable) and 2 coats of Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Carnauba wax (with Porter Cable), here he is. My 997 now has a nice warm glow to it - it's absoultely the most stunningly beautiful car I've ever seen

YoungTurk

'05 Carrera (Artic Silver/Black)(Dec. 2004 build)
19" Carrera S wheels, Xenon, Sport Steering Wheel, Nav, Bose, CD changer, Heated seats, Power seat package
Nice ride! Lose the front plate and get some clear side markers and it will be even better.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 788 Likes on 292 Posts
Default In praise of P21S/Question about Einszett Glanz?

Originally Posted by alin2
Wow!!! Looks amazing. I was a diehard carnauba fan (Zymol, P21S) until I tried the new synthetics such as Einszett Glanz and Menzerna FMJ. Not plasticky looking anymore and lasts sooo much longer. Just a thought...
P21s - wow. I tried it and you're right the shine and feel is just awesome. Even just one coat leaves a deep, wet luster, one you almost feel like 'jumping in' to. Very pleased, and I did apply it by hand and buffed it out by hand, section-by-section as the instructions provide.

I do have a question about the Einszett Glanz, which I applied with the Porter Cable before the P21s. Is it an extremely watery formulation, or did I get a bad bottle? Even after shaking it up, it came out a watery liquid. Granted, it did dry up in a gray haze as the instructions state, but I'm just wondering. It shined up nice and all, but the coup de grace was the P21s on top of it.

Pictures attached - deambered with clear sides from bumperplugs.com.

YoungTurk
Attached Images   
Old 02-21-2005, 11:04 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
P21s - wow. I tried it and you're right the shine and feel is just awesome. Even just one coat leaves a deep, wet luster, one you almost feel like 'jumping in' to. Very pleased, and I did apply it by hand and buffed it out by hand, section-by-section as the instructions provide.

I do have a question about the Einszett Glanz, which I applied with the Porter Cable before the P21s. Is it an extremely watery formulation, or did I get a bad bottle? Even after shaking it up, it came out a watery liquid. Granted, it did dry up in a gray haze as the instructions state, but I'm just wondering. It shined up nice and all, but the coup de grace was the P21s on top of it.

Pictures attached - deambered with clear sides from bumperplugs.com.

YoungTurk

Superb!!! Yes, the Glanz wax is just like water.

Quick Reply: My 997's 1st detailing