Sponsored by:

997S power delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The bump that people are feeling is no doubt the vario-cam+ doing its thing. My '02 does it quite noticeably around 3000-3200, but I have to look for it now because I'am use to it.

I was lucky enough to attend the dealer sales training event for the 997, in Ontario, CA and was able to get a bit of seat time in the new models, as well as a HOT LAP around the infield course at California Motor Speedway. That pretty much sealed the deal for me, and I waited awhile for some options to open up (Guards Red for one) and ordered my "S". Never have done a "dealer test drive", in a 997, snce what can you objectively learn about a car on public roads in 30 min...but that is my own opinion and I was spoiled.

Some time in mid to late Feb I will take delivery of my "S" and in March I will embark on it's maden (5000mi) road trip across the US from Los Angeles to Birmingham, AL, to attend, for yet another time, the Masters Course of PDE. PDE should be a lot of fun since the 997's are up and running, the base cars that will be driven are the 997, with a segment of driving the 997S. Don't know how the cars are optioned, but will report when I find out, my best guess is that the "S" cars will be of the PCCB equiped launch variety.
If you have never done PDE, do yourself a favor and sign up, it is great and you will have a blast, as well as learn alot from some of the best

Here is an interesting statistic:
80% of Porsche owners never get to 50% of the cars capabilities

Quick Reply: 997S power delivery