Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I bought a car today . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:01 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

by defintion, all seals leak to some degree. most 'sweat' and do not drip oil. this is still a leak. i've sold a bmw w/ 300k miles, the new owner now has 375k, it sweats oil everywhere you can name, but no drips.

It's Friday, so I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you have been drinking. Why else would you make such a stupid and untrue statement? Unfortunately, some of the people in this forum will beleive you.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:06 PM
fahren affair
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's Friday, so I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you have been drinking. Why else would you make such a stupid and untrue statement?

Old 12-18-2004, 03:10 AM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
After months of internal debate about whether or not to buy a car . . . what car to buy . . . in the US or Canada . . . new or used . . . I decided and made a decision.

Here's what I ordered:

Carrera S Coupe
Atlas Grey Met.
Black Full Leather
Black Mats Porsche Lettering
Heated Front Seats
Power Seats
Bose High End Stereo
Sport Chrono Pkg. Plus
Carbon Pkg.
19" Carrera Classic Wheel

March build. late April/early May delivery.

The first year thing scares me a little (but it's a later build) and hopefully the RMS thing won't be rearing it's ugly head but I'm looking forward to it. My first new car!

Woo Hoo!!!

Yep, somebody was gonna make-up for my canked order here in the North America.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:12 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy Canuck: The car sounds great. Enjoy!

Zacharie: Why do you state that the RMS issue has been sorted out. To my knowledge, Porsche has not yet acknowledged that there is a RMS problem.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoubleNutz
Yep, somebody was gonna make-up for my canked order here in the North America.
DoubleN....somehow I missed the moment of your 997 defection:
why again did you bail on your 997S order?

btw nice wheels on your zenith blue '99
Old 12-18-2004, 01:44 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by stan523
DoubleN....somehow I missed the moment of your 997 defection:
why again did you bail on your 997S order?

btw nice wheels on your zenith blue '99
Thanks, I love Antera products the really make cool wheels.

I just posted this answer in another thread:

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
Hey DoubleNutz,

I noticed you cancelled your order for the 05 Cobalt Blue 997S, was that because it was an 05, a 997 or Cobalt Blue or all of the above? Just curious.

I happened to love Cobalt Blue, however I am going to wait out the 2005 model year in light of the recently revealed quality issues (i.e. Skip in Boulder's problems) on the 997. This first year of the 997 is just looking really scary.

Perhaps the C4S will make an appearence in the 997 and I will scoop that when it arrives instead. The 996TT is a respectable enough widebody for me at this moment. But, I have to admit the Aston Martin DB5 (AMV8) is starting to really draw my attention away from Porsche. This time next year I may be driving my last Porsche if things don't change for the better with Porsche.

They may be selling a lot of cars this year but they are starting to lose me as an interested loyal customer of 15+ years.

Old 12-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
After months of internal debate about whether or not to buy a car . . . what car to buy . . . in the US or Canada . . . new or used . . . I decided and made a decision.

Here's what I ordered:

Carrera S Coupe
Atlas Grey Met.
Black Full Leather
Black Mats Porsche Lettering
Heated Front Seats
Power Seats
Bose High End Stereo
Sport Chrono Pkg. Plus
Carbon Pkg.
19" Carrera Classic Wheel

March build. late April/early May delivery.

The first year thing scares me a little (but it's a later build) and hopefully the RMS thing won't be rearing it's ugly head but I'm looking forward to it. My first new car!

Woo Hoo!!!
Congrats on your car, looks like you made some good choices. You were debating between the 997S and the GT3 in another thread; I'm curious as to what was the deciding factor(s) in ruling out the GT3?
Old 12-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave I
Congrats on your car, looks like you made some good choices. You were debating between the 997S and the GT3 in another thread; I'm curious as to what was the deciding factor(s) in ruling out the GT3?
The main reason for going with the 997 was $$. I decided enough was enough and spending thsi much on a car is already a form of insanity. I had to draw the line somewhere. I decided I did want to buy in Canada and dealers up here were not willing to budge on GT3s.

Secondly this is my first Porsche. I'm only 31. In a couple of years I can get a GT3 or the 997 GT3. The 997 is a very capable car. Not as pure as the GT3 but a lot better than the majority of 'sports' cars out there.. I would have preferred a GT3 but it would have been XX more dollars and I would have had to change the seats (I'm 6'4" with broad shoulders). The 997 is already more car than I can handle at the moment.

For me I made the right decision under my circumstances.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Congrats! Nice color and options. Did you consider the adaptive sport seats? I really like them a lot. Keep in mind you don't need the power seat package if you get the adaptive sport seats, so the additional cost is only about $1,100.
I ordered the base seats because I found them comfortable and the sport seats push my shoulder blades in. I'm very broad shouldered (and 6'4" tall). The std. seats are great. I wouldn't have ordered power seats (and I cursed having to spend the money on a car that will see one driver) but I wanted lumbar adjustment.

As for the carbon, I like the carbon handbrake and shifter but I really liked the carbon trim that goes across the dash above the glovebox which replaces the aluminum trim.

Quick Reply: So I bought a car today . . .