Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997S limited slip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 10:13 AM
JLJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997S limited slip?

i was at the dealer testing the 997S and asked if a limited slip was available on the car..he said no. i read in GT magazine that the sports suspension option comes with a mechanical limited slip. anyone know the right answer? porsche website says nothing about it.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:27 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

-20mm sports suspension w/LSD is available as n/c option to replace PASM in the ROW.
No -20mm available in the USA
Old 11-27-2004, 12:33 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a "20 mm" sport suspension option that's not available in the USA that includes a LSD. It's a no-cost option on the 997 S and is available on the 997. I don't know why it's not availale in the USA, but chances are good that they 20 mm lower ride height is either too low, or perhaps Porsche simply didn't anticipate enough demand to warrant the cost of certifying the car with that option.

GT magazine is from the UK, where that option is probably available. I don't know where Tofino..... is, but googling on it makes me think it might be British Columbia, and you probably get similar cars to those for the USA.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:41 PM
JLJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skip in Boulder
There is a "20 mm" sport suspension option that's not available in the USA that includes a LSD. It's a no-cost option on the 997 S and is available on the 997. I don't know why it's not availale in the USA, but chances are good that they 20 mm lower ride height is either too low, or perhaps Porsche simply didn't anticipate enough demand to warrant the cost of certifying the car with that option.

GT magazine is from the UK, where that option is probably available. I don't know where Tofino..... is, but googling on it makes me think it might be British Columbia, and you probably get similar cars to those for the USA.
seems odd you cant order just the LSD if you wanted without the lower suspension if its a north america issue
Old 11-27-2004, 02:42 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JLJ
seems odd you cant order just the LSD if you wanted without the lower suspension if its a north america issue
A guess is that the LSD is incompatible with PASM. You can't get the S without PASM, so LSD might not even be possible to have as an option. The question might be whether or not LSD could be fitted to a 997 without PASM...

Quick Reply: 997S limited slip?