Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Remote-Key Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004 | 03:58 PM
CVA911S
4th Gear

Unhappy 997 Remote-Key Problem

I have noticed an inconsistency with both key remotes for unlocking the vehicle.

Sometimes I must stand next to the glass on the driver side to unlock the car, and other times I can do so from a considerable distance. Occasionally, the unlock function will not work at all and I use the key in the door handle lock to open the door. Of course, one must place the key into the ignition ASAP or the alarm will sound!

This sounds strange, but left over night in my garage it usually works fine the next morning. Leaving the car outside my office, however, usually leaves the remote non functional or difficult to work.

I checked with dealer and he wanted me to leave the car to allow them to study the problem, check codes, etc. No thanks. So few cars have been sold in our area that there has not been any other customer complaints with this issue. Maybe it is just my car.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-26-2004 | 04:24 PM
titleist1
Racer

the only problem i have had involves the fact that the button is so small that i sometimes hit the boot release in addition to opening the lock. the key is good looking, but poor ergonomics.

Quick Reply: 997 Remote-Key Problem