Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intergrated Phone for 997 S

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004 | 08:47 AM
Weissy
Instructor

Question Intergrated Phone for 997 S

I have place my order for my 997 s witch is a December build. I really put about every option that was available into this car. However the one I wanted most wasn't available when I ordered it and that is the integrated phone. They say it is a December option but my dealer doesn't think I will be able to add it without delaying shipping time. So my question is two fold here. One has anyone heard anything on this option being available. And two has anyone done any installs of phones after market? I don't want to put the cradle on the right side of the console as I think it really looks quite ugly. So any past install ideas or any ideas at all as to how I can intergrated a phone into the car would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-26-2004 | 09:46 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I would think that even the integrated phone option has a handset, so you'd have to find a spot for it either way.

And someone recently posted a letter from the PCNA prez regarding this, and he confirmed it will be a retrofit kit after January, most likely, depending on where you are located.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 10-26-2004 | 10:11 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Be patient....

"the US version of the GSM module for the PCM2 will be retrofittable, a retrofit kit will be available through Tequipment department and every US Porsche dealer should be able to order it.
Placing the SIM card into the PCM2 is a piece of cake, it takes a second. There is a small plastic compartment, you just have to push it, the compartment slides out and inside that little compartment, you have to place your SIM card."

First quarter 05
Old 10-26-2004 | 10:23 AM
Weissy
Instructor

That is what I was hoping for. My dealer says he isn't sure if it will be available thru Tequipment. That made some sense to me as well as on the US version of the PCM there didn't seem to be a button for the phone operation. However if what you are saying is true you just made me very happy.

Quick Reply: Intergrated Phone for 997 S