Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much are these 997 models being sold for ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004 | 09:45 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Default It all comes down to negotiation...

When I got my M3 it was the same thing... Somewhat limited production vehicle, high demand, yadda, yadda... So, I did what I always do when I order a new car. I wrote up a "Request for Proposals" and emailed it to the 5 dealers closest to me. I let them know I knew what the car lists for, costs the dealer, etc. On the form I had a "fill-in-the-blanks" section where they entered the MSRP, Discount, final selling price, lease figures (explained I may pay cash or lease), etc. I asked for their best offer first - that I would only be contacting the low bid.

I receive 5 responses ranging from list to $500 off, to $1000 off and finally $2000 off (which is 50% of the margin on that car). This was over two years ago when almost everyone was paying list. I found the one dealer who was most motivated to make a sale at that time.

The Porsche is an incredibly high margin car (about $10k on the base). If you are ready to order, send your request to the Sales Manager so perhaps a commission to a sales person will not be needed (more they can discount). You can also mention something like "consider this a found sale" or something to that effect - it's an order that found them and they can make zero on the deal or they can make say $5k by giving you $5k off list. Only do this if you are ready to sign - let them know you are and will bring them a deposit within 24 or 48 hours. Good Luck!
Old 11-09-2004 | 12:29 AM
WayFast #85
Track Day

I got $2k off my S but it was because of a past relationship with the dealer. Got $6K off my Cayenne S when they just came out. That's probably not uncommon now that there is a TON of Cayenne inventory. Here in Northern CA the 997S is sold out almost to April production dates (unless Porsche releases some more inventory). I'm feeling lucky to get what I did. I probably could have gotten 1K more off if I pushed but frankly they gave me such great deals on the last two cars I'm going to live with it and maintain the relationship. I'll probably get a nice hat.....and they threw in floor mats.

Quick Reply: How much are these 997 models being sold for ?