Smokey's new threat

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Smokey's new threat

All those who are concerned about accumulating citations, particularly illegally written ones, should read this webpage. (If you feel it is your obligation to occasionally confess your flaws and pay your dues, no matter how unjustified the accusation, ignore the rest of this message. That line forms on the Right).

http://www.valentine1.com/pop/

Smokey's got a new plot to extort your earnings and blood based on flawed science and you should beware of this before it is too late. It is already here. You need to be able to defend yourself against it, or join the above mentioned group of masochists. For older V-1 owners, there is no readily available upgrade at this time, but it is being developed they said. Keep checking the website for notification of availability. I suspect that Valentine wants to be certain it works properly and reliably before upgrades are available.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Richard in Colorado
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bastards! I think we need to have a copy of this information in our vehicles for when the cops ask if there are any questions regarding our summons's so we can ask them to reveal their model radar gun & it's mode of operation.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Richard:
You need to find all of that information during Discovery process prior to trial when you protest your citation. Since 97% of those cited never protest, it is easy money for the bears. If you protest, and Discovery reveals they cheated, you can prevail.....usually....if the judge is awake and just.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:57 PM
nicoff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what prevents a cop from saying that he used a "non-pop" way to get you? He may claim that he used "pop" to get an idea of your speed and then switched the device to other mode or used a laser to get you.
I bought a V1 last year. I wonder if that one can be retrofitted if and when available.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:55 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

My V1 was purchased in Oct. 03 and as per VR it is the latest model. By reading VR's site on this issue I thought that it may be difficult to detect in a meaningful way a 67ms POP signal. Once in a while my V1 produces a strong single beep - I look around and see nothing and now wonder if it is one of these POP things.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:13 PM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

The person to whom I spoke at VR stated that they " are working on" an upgrade and will post its availability on their website when it is ready.

Quick Reply: Smokey's new threat