Sponsored by:

Delete Clock on Sport/Chrono

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:04 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Delete Clock on Sport/Chrono

Have this question in to my dealer, but thought it would make an interesting subject here. I think I want the sport / chrono (for the throttle remap, other enhancements, and lap time analysis on the screen), but don't want the clock / timer sticking out of the dash. Anyone think it possible to order Sport Chrono but without the clock? Like with the sunroof, a delete would not save any $, but that would be fine by me.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:10 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No clock delete foy MY '05 unless you do it yourself
Old 10-15-2004, 08:58 AM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Early on the clock was the only thing mentioned in the option. I did not like it and did not order it. Then along came the rest of the story. Now I wanted it with out the timer. It was too late in the order but I was told It would take a new DME. I'll bet a chip will be created to do the same thing.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Bitsa
Intermediate

I'm with you guys !

Porsche needs to wake up on this one !

I want the Sport features without the "chrono clock" on the dash....

I too was in the dark as to "what it was" at the time of ordering... found out too late that there were "other" features to the "Sport Chrono pkg"... and most of the "other" features have nothing whatsoever to do with the "chrono" featuere too ! tuh !

Was even more disturbed to find that the "Sport" button wasn't a standard feature when I took delivery..

There was just NO information available on options at the time they were taking orders for build...

There seems to be quite a few people asking this same question now !

So ! Come on Porsche where's the "Sport Package" option (minus chrono) for the Carrera S ?

And...

Where's the Retro-fit Kit ? so that dealers can keep us Sport Chrono'less 997 owners happy

Fingers crossed...

Old 10-20-2004, 08:41 AM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

It is me again. My car is built but not here. I thought I was getting the sport seats......not........I thought I was getting the right side airbag turn off.........not.........I thought I was getting the tire pressure system..........not........I would have put up with the clock to get the rest of the option, but did not know about it........I will never order a car early again! When I get my hands on the car I will write Porsche with my concerns. The dealer did offer to reorder the car. I declined.

Quick Reply: Delete Clock on Sport/Chrono