Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20mm lowering option

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004 | 06:33 AM
Sobe
Pro

Lightbulb 20mm lowering option

Dealer said that you can get -20mm lowering option in Europe ... but only for the cars without the PASM. All PASM cars are supposedly identical worldwide. If you could get that lowering option in the states I would pass on the PASM . So order the car without it and then , order from the factory the parts used in the -20mm lowering option and have it shipped here. When I wanted to get options in the past that were only available in europe this is what I use to do . Call my friend that worked at the factory have him go in and buy them and then send them to me kind of on the side , becuase they would not let me buy those parts over here . Or have someone over there at least get you the parts number and figure a way to get them . This way the car really stays factory in case there is a warranty issue . I did this on a 993 C4 I had in 97 and even though the car was lowered every part had a Porsche sticker with a real part # . Again I think the -20mm lowering will really fill up the fender wells on this car the only main thing the car really needs cosmetically .

Last edited by Sobe; 10-11-2004 at 07:32 AM. Reason: -20mm lowering option in Europe
Old 10-11-2004 | 10:32 AM
frayed
Race Car

Three things:

1. Carnewal has long since been providing ROW only parts to the US. Go to www.carnewal.com

2. You cannot get the 997S w/o sPASM in the US, at least for now. Supposedly US will get the -20 option, but at the -10 ride height. . . eventually.

3. Assuming you could get the regular suspension, your approach is flawed since the -20 option replaces ABD with a real, actual LSD, making the retrofit incredibly expensive and troublesome

Quick Reply: 20mm lowering option