Sponsored by:

Okay its stupid, but help me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 01:28 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Here it is in white from Porsche configurator...
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2004, 01:08 PM
blkc4sny
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had a love hate relationship with Cobalt Blue. I was also in the same situation, when I ordered my GT3, silver was my original choice, then I considered SY for a while, then changed to Cobalt Blue but in the end I went back to my original arctic silver. Why? Well, just before my order deadline no more changes approached, I happen to see a GT3 in cobalt blue, and man, I'm very happy I saw this color in person, that's when I saw the purple/violet come through. Its a beautiful color when I don't see the purple/violet, that's what changed my mind. I also wanted to get away from silver, black, red and yellow and thought cobalt blue was very cool until I saw the purple. My advice is that you should really see it before buying. The bottom line is, for me, I needed to be able to live with the color every day, that's not something you can do easily. For about 6 wks, I loved the thought of having a SY GT3, but now I couldn't ever see me owning a Porsche in that color.

Bottom line, buy what you really want, don't worry about what other people say about the color. My advice is to make sure you can live and love it every day!

Good luck!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:11 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 575 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by blkc4sny
I've had a love hate relationship with Cobalt Blue. I was also in the same situation, when I ordered my GT3, silver was my original choice, then I considered SY for a while, then changed to Cobalt Blue but in the end I went back to my original arctic silver. Why? Well, just before my order deadline no more changes approached, I happen to see a GT3 in cobalt blue, and man, I'm very happy I saw this color in person, that's when I saw the purple/violet come through. Its a beautiful color when I don't see the purple/violet, that's what changed my mind. I also wanted to get away from silver, black, red and yellow and thought cobalt blue was very cool until I saw the purple. My advice is that you should really see it before buying. The bottom line is, for me, I needed to be able to live with the color every day, that's not something you can do easily. For about 6 wks, I loved the thought of having a SY GT3, but now I couldn't ever see me owning a Porsche in that color.

Bottom line, buy what you really want, don't worry about what other people say about the color. My advice is to make sure you can live and love it every day!

Good luck!!!
Thanks for the advice! I do worry a bit about any purple in the color. That's what turns me off from Atlas Grey. Problem is that even in the Chicagoland area, there are very few Cobalt blue Porsches available to look at. Anyone out there???
Old 10-10-2004, 05:01 PM
jayson
Pro

Received 482 Likes on 143 Posts

Man, you gotta get the blue. Looks awesome IMHO!
Old 10-10-2004, 06:00 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Okay, Okay!!! After thinking about it for the very last time...I think...I am getting a Cobalt Blue 997S. To be tentatively obtained with Euro Delivery in late May or June 2005. I was contemplating Slate Grey for the stealthy aspects of that beautiful color, but, I have decided that my 997S will be brash and colorful...hopefully not (pardon the mangling of "Goodfellas") "colorful??!, Like a clown??!!"

Cobalt blue...probably stone grey interior...although the Cocoa and the Beige look interesting...just not black. Don't know about browns and tans with bright blue...

No one else is doing Euro Delivery??? Late May or June would be an awesome time to zip down to Provence via the Swiss Alps and Northern Italy!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cobalt is a beautiful colour, but not the right colour for a Carrera. a carrera should be black, white (with aerokit), red, or any of the other conservative colours like silver/grey.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:59 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Moogle
cobalt is a beautiful colour, but not the right colour for a Carrera. a carrera should be black, white (with aerokit), red, or any of the other conservative colours like silver/grey.
I agree the 911 looks amazing in black, silver, and grey. It's just that EVERY 911 I have seen has been black, silver, and grey. After owning a carbon black E39 M5, and a basalt black C-TT, I need a brighter color.

Check this cobalt blue GT-2 beauty out. The wheels are a bit much, but, for me, wow!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ghlight=cobalt

Old 10-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Cobalt Blue will get you a lot of attention in terms of comments, etc... And the current Cobalt Blue does not nearly have the amount of purple in it like the old LM5N coded paint. Cobalt Blue looks great in the light. It looks spectacular in low light conditions though! At night its quite mean looking. Thats one thing, i like paint that looks good in the dark too.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:34 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Blue S2
Cobalt Blue will get you a lot of attention in terms of comments, etc... And the current Cobalt Blue does not nearly have the amount of purple in it like the old LM5N coded paint. Cobalt Blue looks great in the light. It looks spectacular in low light conditions though! At night its quite mean looking. Thats one thing, i like paint that looks good in the dark too.
That's awesome to hear. One thing I cannot handle would be a "purple" car. Last thing I need is my son to say: "Hey Dad! Your car is the same color as Barney!"

Old 10-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Adrian Fuller
Instructor

White looks great, and is a serious possibility for me, but I always think the wheels look somehow wrong.

I think what's needed is body coloured wheels, perhaps with just a very slim 10-15mm outer ring in alloy or polished.

Anyone got any pictures of something like this ??

Otherwise I'l probably bottle it and go for guards red !!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by alin2
confirm that my Cobalt Blue 997S order isn't ridiculous...

It is not! Man! Get the car you want in the color you like. You will live with it everyday so why compromise on what anyone else thinks?

I want my next car in the same color combo as this Lotus Esprit, I think the combination is just awesome (blue stitching and piping!! )

Interior shot:

Old 10-11-2004, 09:45 PM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 71 Posts

I got a Cobalt Blue GT3.......gets great reviews from everyone who sees it. No purple in it.

See my gallery.

Chet
Old 10-11-2004, 10:06 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CME
I got a Cobalt Blue GT3.......gets great reviews from everyone who sees it. No purple in it.

See my gallery.

Chet

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:13 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CME

See my gallery.

Chet
BTW, what color is your interior? Natural grey? Graphite grey?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Here is a picture of Cobalt at night. The new version will most likely look very similar if not the same since the flip flop of the LM5N paint really only happens under hard light and angles.

This is one color that pictures will never do it justice! And since its so rare, you dont get many opportunities to see it up close. Shame. (its actually become much more popular with the 996 than it ever was on the 944/968/964)
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Okay its stupid, but help me...