Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished 17th coat of Zaino and 8th coat of Rejex!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:57 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Just finished 17th coat of Zaino and 8th coat of Rejex!

Actually, I don't use either, but it seems that the Zaino and Rejex folks take pride in how many coats that they put on the cars. Personally, I get great results with "off the shelf" stuff and some elbow grease. These pics were taken yesterday when I had a couple of the boys out for a car show at the local college campus to support the SAE formula car project:

Yes, black is a pain to clean and polish, but it looks good and is worth it.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good- what "off the shelf" stuff are you using?
Old 09-20-2004, 05:49 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary, I've tried just about everything available from local stores over the years and currently like the folllowing:

Meguiar's Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner - Works well either by hand or with an orbital polisher, gets out water spots, oxidation, etc..
Meguiar's Deep Crystal System Polish - Works great with above and leaves an awesome shine that seems to get better with each application.
TR3 Resin Glaze - Easy to use glaze and polish, leaves a durable finish that seems to smooth out the paint surface.
Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax - New stuff that works great, even just by itself, although it's a bit pricey.
Wax Shop Slick Stuff Spray Detailer - Best of the 1/2 dozen detail sprays I've tried, works well on glass, plastic, etc.
Mother's Back to Black - Great for the rubber and plastic bits.
Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish - Makes the exahust tips nice and shiny.

I don't work for any of the above companies, and this is simply my own opinion based on extensive field testing. So far there don't seem to be many miracle products (although the new tech waxes come close) and it takes some effort to get the car looking really good. I enjoy cleaning and detailing my cars, but otherwise I'd probably have a detail shop take care of them.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Sobe
Pro

Nice list .. one more .. Safe cut from The Wax Shop ... right before you wax ... this stuff is miracuals and not abrasive at all ...

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/1241/safecut.gif

Old 09-20-2004, 06:55 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I guess this is a "wax and polish" thread from the title, so hope I am not going OT. I never hear much about Malms. After trying many other things over the years, I back using Malms, which is a Carnauba-based liquid wax, with great shine characteristics and reasonably long lasting. They also make an ultra fine polish and several other products. They advertise in Pano and are in the issue that just came out. Anyone else out there have experience with Malms?
Old 09-20-2004, 10:20 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

I have used Malms for many years, Caranuba wax, fine and ultra fine polish. Have had good results. I have also used Griots as well as many others.
I also agree it comes down to good ole elbow grease.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always been really happy with Zymol products and Meguiar's products. I've compared my cars to some of my customers who are fanatical about Zaino and Rejex. Couldn't see a difference or figure out why everyone is so nutty about that stuff.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:55 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,699 Likes on 2,342 Posts

skip, you are NUTS. i thought i wax too much.
do you own stocks in zaino and rejex ;-)
Old 09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skip,

Can you use Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish on your wheels? I've got 18" Turbo Twists (non-chrome) and I was planning to put some on... (just bought some today but haven't tried it yet and don't want to ruin them!)

THANKS!

Quick Reply: Just finished 17th coat of Zaino and 8th coat of Rejex!